Sign in to follow this  
ianalm

PMDG 737NGX - Unlucky for some!

My only concern with PFPX was it only gives you the main route but I had to fill in a g0od few waypoints to the STAR myself which was confusing.

If you had to hand-enter waypoints into the STAR, you're not doing it properly. I can't really take your comment earlier critically, honestly, but you must know that PFPX is a pretty complex program. A lot of people get it to be a route finder/builder along with a fuel planner, but the reality is that it's a lot more than that, and a lot more powerful. If you don't know how to use it, then you're not going to get good results (as you saw).

Not sure if you were referring to my supplementary 737 tutorial, or the PFPX ones (if it's the former, ignore the following):

My tutorial might be a little long-winded, but when it comes down to it, you'll get just about everything you need to know. You have to dedicate time to learn things in this hobby, otherwise - and I'll be typically blunt here - you're in the wrong hobby (or at least the wrong segment of it: there are much simpler planes, and simpler route-finding programs if you prefer quick and simple).

Also: full names in the forum - first and last, please.

Kyle Rodgers

If you had to hand-enter waypoints into the STAR, you're not doing it properly. I can't really take your comment earlier critically, honestly, but you must know that PFPX is a pretty complex program. A lot of people get it to be a route finder/builder along with a fuel planner, but the reality is that it's a lot more than that, and a lot more powerful. If you don't know how to use it, then you're not going to get good results (as you saw).

Thanks Kyle.

The point I forgot to mention was that I exported the saved flight plan to my PMDG flight plan file. I then used this file as a company route for the PMDG 737NGX when programing the CDU (FMC). Checking through the LEGS page I noticed what I mentioned in my previous comment. There are several missing waypoints that do not copy from the saved FP in PMDG. As mentioned, day 2 of PFPX so not really looking for sarky comments regarding my intellect as a sim pilot :P I've been in the "right hobby" since Microsoft first brought out the flight simulator!

There are several missing waypoints that do not copy from the saved FP in PMDG.

This is correct. The PMDG import function intentionally removes the SID/STAR. This should be added using the DEP/ARR pages. 

As mentioned, day 2 of PFPX so not really looking for sarky comments regarding my intellect as a sim pilot  I've been in the "right hobby" since Microsoft first brought out the flight simulator!

It wasn't intended to be snarky, and none of it was aimed at your intellect. I simply said that this all requires time.

Again - full names on the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Hmmm..... strange since I never used the tutorials and I figured out how to fly the NGX properly! I never read the tutorials;I only watched YouTube videos and tutorials! If you can fly the NGX, then u can pretty much easily fly any Boeing apart from the 707, 720 and 727! 

Good luck with flying such an awesome plane!