Sign in to follow this  
joejccva71

TOD doesn't show up in the FMC legs screen

Hi all I was hoping you could help me with something.  Unless I'm confused about this, I thought that a "TOD" or "TD" entry was supposed to show up in the FMC page showing where your descent starts.  I'm flying with the 777-200LR right now and it shows the speed/alt numbers next to each waypoint but no TOD.  The "RESET MCP ALTITUDE" message does in fact popup.  I'm just curious if I have an incorrect setting somewhere that is preventing the TOD showing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Andrew Coste

Hi Andrew,

I might be wrong here, but the TOD does only show up on the PROG page of the FMC not on the LEG page. It is recalculated when you download winds to start the descent sooner or later according.

Hope that helps and I also hope I am not wrong.

Best

Holger Kneib

If I remember correctly. The Boeing FMC doesn't show TOD in the legs page. You will see it on the prog page when within a few 100nm. It also shows as a green dot with TD next to it on the nav screen. The reset mcp altitude message shows when you are within a few miles of TOD(can't remember the exact number)

I thought that a "TOD" or "TD" entry was supposed to show up in the FMC page showing where your descent starts.

Nope. This isn't an Airbus or an MD.

Use the VNAV page to view the T/D point countdown there.

Kyle Rodgers