Sign in to follow this  
jomuehl83

Please Help! ATC Messages!

Hello everybody!

I have following problem. The messages of the Pilot and the Air Traffic Control (ATC) are always in that box, even if i start a new flight. How can i reset this box to get a clean atc without messages?

I´m looking forward if anybody could help!

Thx,

Jo

I'm not sure what you are asking but in the General Settings for FSX, under ATC, uncheck Auto-open ATC Window.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thx for the fast answer but i have the problem, that the radio messages, i.e. the take-off clearance of the last flights or the instructions from where i have to start an which ways on the airport i have to take, are always written in the atc window... I just want to have an empty atc window when i start without the whole messages of the flights before.

Hope you can help me :))

Thanks,

Jo

I just want to have an empty atc window when i start without the whole messages of the flights before.

Just load the Sim with a default aircraft (the cessna is a good choice) from the free flight screen and then save the flight making sure to tick the "default flight box"

Do not load a flight plan before you do this.

At some point you must have saved a flight scenario with a flightplan loaded and this has somehow become the default flight

That info comes from saved flights.

If you are creating a new flight from the Free Flight screen, that info comes from your saved default flight.

Those saved flights are in your Documents folder, have the .flt extension, and can be opened and edited with Notepad.

In the .flt file look for the [Kneeboard] section.

It should look something like...

[Kneeboard]
Visible=False
Location=68, 178
PageId=2
Page0Scroll=0, 0
Page1Scroll=0, 2147483647
Page2Scroll=0, 0
Page3Scroll=0, 1266
Page4Scroll=0, 0
Page5Scroll=0, 0
Page6Scroll=0, 0
RadioMsg0="Cleared to land runway 34, Cessna 058."
RadioMsgKind0=4

Delete all of the RadioMsgn and RadioMsgKindn= lines

This will clear the Kneeboard and the ATC Window.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif