Sign in to follow this  
izzi

Wilco Vol 1&2 keeps Crashing

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before.  I do need someones help if all possible.  I just did a FRESH INSTALL OF FS9.  I also purchased the Wilco vol 1/2.  Fs9 cranks up fine and I can choose default planes for testing and no problem but when I select any airbus model, it crashes on my.  This is a legit download straight from Flitsim.  Any sugestion?  I have no 3rd party software installed yet, just FS9.  Please help.   Many thanks in advance.

I;m running Windows 8.1 64bit

David

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had much the same issue. My system is Win 7 64 bit. I have the Airbus vol 1 and that works fine. When I purchased the update for it the sim would crash when I would attempt to launch the flight. Wilco says they will not support this add on running on Win 7, so it follows they will not support Win 8. I solved my problem by removing the update. Sorry I can't be of more specific help, but don't expect much in the way of support from Wilco. If you Google this problem there are several discussions regarding it on the the various sites. 

If I can recall, you need to delete a file in the nav folder. I can't remmember the file's name.

That's really sad that Wilco won't assist. No update has been added so I will keep searching. This is really strange why it does this. I will look into this Nav folder through Google. Still hope some know the answer.

It's called fmgc.cfg. I thin you need to delete it every time you install new airac.

It is located somewhere in the wilco folder in fsx root folder. I can't remember. Just do a search in fsx folder for the file. And you should delete it after installing the airac.

It is located somewhere in the wilco folder in fsx root folder. I can't remember. Just do a search in fsx folder for the file. And you should delete it after installing the airac.

Just to clarify, we are discussing FS9 here. 

yep fs9..    I did my 4th reinstall of fs9 and Vol 1.  Still no luck.  starting to get ###### but not at you, wilco!!!!

This is the file and it's location:

Delete the "fmgc.cfg" file located in the \FeelThere\Airbus\Fmgc\A320 directory.
Another one will be created automatically at your next flight.
Removing this file is especially important if you have updated the navigation database with a different AIRAC cycle.

Keep in mind that I have not installed airac 1411 yet.  I also cant even get an airbus on my screen after selecting it.  It's hard to creat a new cfg if i cant get airbut to even open.  As soon as I select  a 321 and hit enter,  it gives me that error crash.  I found where the cfg file is but if I delete only the cfg, it won't creat another if I can't get an airbut up first.  Sorry for being a pain.

do you think it can be the version of Window 8.1?

D

When you installed the update it came with a new airac or a newer airac than you used to have. Have you tried to select one of the buses after deleting the file?

I haven't installed any updates at all.  I just installed the exe file that i purchased.  It's from Sim Market.

Airbus1DLX_Evo_Full_FS2004_v11

and

Airbus2_Evo_Full_FS2004_v11..

I have other version in my download file.

an FSX version and a P3D version

I don't know where the update is located and the newest airac either.  Sorry for sounding stupid..

Oh, I confused your post with A320driver. Anyway, just delete it and give it a try.

I would bet this whole issue is due to the fact that the Wilco busses won't play nice with Win 8. They struggle with Win 7. The 64 bit operating system further complicates matters. Reinstalling FS9 over and over is not going to fix this. You should go after some sort of explanation from Wilco on this. 

I've had the same problems too. Aircraft is still flyable and stuff but I FS9 always crash when I exit flight simulator when using the addon. Its too bad Wilco won't shed light on this. Makes me even more amped up to upgrade my PC to run FSX great and use the Aerosoft version of the Airbus :)

I just loaded FSX to test but I can't fly with high setting but not a big deal. Wilco vol 1 & 2.loaded up with no problems. Go figure. FSX the software hog and FS9 our friendly flight simmer and it doesn't work on FS9. There has to be fix some where.

I have no problems loading it as well. Its when you exit flight simulator, thats when it crashes when you are using this aircraft.

I have no problems loading it as well. Its when you exit flight simulator, thats when it crashes when you are using this aircraft.

Leefree,

Mine is the oposite.  It won't load after I select it, it just crashes in FS9..I'm out of ideas on what to do at this point.

Hey Pschlute,

I sure did.  Everyone keeps talking about deleting the fmcg.cfg file but that won't work because i can't even get 1 airbus loaded in order to make another cfg. file.   Still stumped...

D

Yeah I deleted the fmcg.cfg and it didn't do anything for me. I've learned to deal with the crash on exit when using the aircraft, but I am saving cash to upgrade my PC to run FSX. Aerosoft has a far superior Airbus series and there's support for it. I'm a Boeing guy but I really like airbus.