Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Rex Soft Cloud set number 6 putting out the eye-candy :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So whats your verdict on the soft clouds, I also have purchased them and I must say while I cannot tell much of a difference far away, as I get close and notice they aren't spinning and look fuller I must say there is a real difference

So whats your verdict on the soft clouds, I also have purchased them and I must say while I cannot tell much of a difference far away, as I get close and notice they aren't spinning and look fuller I must say there is a real difference

Honestly...?.....I did not like them at first.  I went through each set, and simply didn't like them. I went back for awhile with the 512 Rex 4 clouds sets. (Read further for why initially, I said 'thumb's down'.)

But..being no quitter, lol...I thought to myself...what is the total equation to see a cloud set up on the big screen. Well...in my case with FSX:MS, there is ASN, DX10 Steve's fixer, and the CLOUD parameters within both programs, and finally the CLOUD settings within the sim itself.

I then first started with ASN.   I noticed that I had a couple of options on for cloud settings that might skew the outcome, and reset them to default.  I then went from 70 miles  minimum, to 100 miles min, and 100 miles max.

Then onto DX10 Steve's Fixer v2.6. I had CLOUD CULL and CLOUD CLIP engaged.  I unchecked them.

Then...onto FSX:MS itself. I had always had my clouds at 70-80 miles out for all my REX products.  I bumped that up to  100 miles coverage as per my settings internally for ASN.

I then picked Soft Clouds set #6, and then fired up the sim.   It's been a great dance since then.  There is another few shots of my cloud setups...one in the P3D forum, and some when I flew to KMYR the other day. They give a good example of all the above administrations...and the result upon the screen.  The final verdict...is that you can't run Soft Clouds with the same personal-by-user parameters and settings that you do with REX4 Direct sets, if what I wanted to see (as per my post pics) what now I have.  Change a few things out from the old and old....and wham-bam.....you have real-to-life-looking clouds 'up there'.   Final Verdict?   I recommend them.

Ses