Sign in to follow this  
angeli662

Unable to do a system restore?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Angeli662

This sounds like a Windows problem. Something has become corrupted. The LINDA-GUI.INI simply stores your LINDA GUI setting (eg. start with sim).  All other information in contained in the LINDA-CFG folder.

All I can suggest is to restore your FSX/LINDA installation from your backups - you have backups don't you - or reinstall LINDA afresh.

Thanks Scot, I have tried to do a LINDA install no luck, also tried to delete all LINDA folders and do a restore, no luck with that either. I noticed that when I did that FSX starts and I hear a chime but no pop out error there is something wrong with LINDA gui too, the joy stick doesn't display the names of the HID only if I hover the pointer over them.

Any suggestions? if not I will do a System Image Restore.

thanks again

I'm sorry I have nothing to suggest. I'm normally an Apple Mac man because I hate Windows.

Try doing a system restore in safe mode...

Thanks Rockliffe, unfortunately I already did a system image restore. I will keep that in mind.

Scot thanks anyway, I use to be a mac myself I have  moved away from mac OS, all my 3 macs are running windows accept my macbook pro which is solely for web browsing :P .  I can't imagine running FSX with 3 macs in a network conf. 3 displays in quad SLI and all the addons.  My 2010 mac pro still use a Radeon 5770 and that was the best I could get. :rolleyes: .