Sign in to follow this  
andresico

Altimeter not working with optional patch

Hi

I would like to know if there´s a solution to this.

When I fly the PA46 Malibu with the original aircraft and airfile, everything works, but I find the AC to be very dull.

When using the optional patch (Stolle), the AC is a lot nicer, but the altimeter doesnt work. Kind of weird IMO.

I'm not sure if I have a Stolle patch for the Malibu (unless it came built in with mine...I bought mine later).  But the altimeter not working is probably a gauge issue.  You might try a reinstall.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Concur with Gregg, there's a service pack for the 'P' but I've not seen an optional patch - only for the Turbo version.....  :wink:

Well that explains why  the aircraft suddenly flies a lot faster. I have installed the wrong patch.... doh..

Interesting how everything else works perfectly.

Now my problem is that I find the default version to be pretty dull.......

Now my problem is that I find the default version to be pretty dull.......

Go read some articles on the 350P and watch some youtube videos (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/user/rwrpilottraining/videos ).  There's tons of material out there to learn, really learn, how to fly it.  It flies very realistically  Even the go-around is accurate.  I spent a lot of time tweaking my view with EZDoc to make it right.  Some folks bought some 3rd party sounds.  I also created a very detailed LINDA module (and a FSUIPC module) to make it more complete.  I also added a DME gauge (replacing the AP indicator) so I could have DME 2 and do IFR training in it.  The only thing I wasn't able to fix was the ground radios which requires some customization of the electrical in the FSX modelling...Carenado would have to do that.  At the end of it all, I think this is one of the best airplanes they've done.  It's a great cruiser with a pressurized cabin that'll get you up over the mountains.  It costs $400,000+ in the RW and Carenado has shown it some respect. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

When using the optional patch (Stolle),
Can you advise how to obtain the "...optional patch (Stolle)" ?

Thanks / Les Parson

Les, there isn't one for the PA46 Malibu Mirage 350P - but there is one for their other product, the PA46T Malibu Jetprop which you can pick up from the main Carenado site under 'Updates'  ^_^