Sign in to follow this  
kilgourj

ADF Tracking

After tuning in a NDB, where on the displays will the track show up. I noticed the ADF/DME softkey for tuning and when the CDi softkey is pressed only the GPS,NAV1 and NAV2 are showen.

Thanks in advance

kilgourj

I am assuming this is pertaining to the G1000. If I am correct, per the Garmin documentation:

BEARING POINTERS AND INFORMATION WINDOWS

Two bearing pointers and associated information can be displayed on the HSI for NAV, GPS, and ADF sources by pressing the PFD Softkey then a BRG or DME Softkey. The bearing pointers are cyan and are single-line (BRG1) or double-line (BRG2). A pointer symbol is shown in the information windows to indicate the navigation source. The bearing pointers never override the CDI and are visually separated from the CDI by a white ring. Bearing pointers may be selected but not necessarily visible due to data unavailability.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed,

Thanx for the prompt reply. Having used the RealityXP Sandel it made me think if something similar was available in the G1000 and when I pressed the PFD Softkey I noticed as you said the BRG Softkeys and scrolling through the options on BRG2 the ADF was listed. It is just time and patience needed to familiarize with the various features of the G1000. I am always grateful for a little nudge in the right direction. I watched the videos and found them very useful and am looking forward to one for the Flightplanning if it is on the cards.

kilgourj