Sign in to follow this  
netwiz

FS2Crew running Windows 7/64 French version

Hello,

I just purchased the FS2Crew Majestic Q400 but running Windows 7/64 in french, how can I get speech recognition to work?

Best Regards

The program requirements state you need to be able to set your Speech Recognizer to English - US, and to contact me beforehand if you have any doubts.

Your options are:

1. Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Upgrade to Windows 8.

3. If you're feeling adventurous, you could probably even try the Windows 10 beta.

4. It can be hit and miss, but many users have had luck with Vistalizator (www.froggie.sk).  Make a system restore point before you attempt that one.

5. Use a Button Control version of FS2Crew (but one is not available for the Dash 8).

Hello,

Thanks for the reply,

As per web page :

Requirements:

• Majestic Dash 8 Q400 from Majestic Software (Version 1.009 or Later
  • Vista/Win 7/ Win 8 users: 'Voice Control' requires that your Windows Speech Recognizer be set to English - US.   (Note:  If you are from a non-English speaking country and need assistance, please contact FS2Crew Support).
  • Microphone

There is no mention to contact "beforehand" but only to contact support which I did otherwise, I wouldn't have purchase it right away and especially now that I have to spend $129.99 just to have it working.

I will just review about it accordingly, but once again many thanks for the quick reply.

Regards

Michel