Sign in to follow this  
FDX706

VC Shadow Flickering

MY VC Shadow flicker in addon aircraft (PMDG 777/QW757) Anyway to fix that? I tried different aliasing settings but no resolve.

ROMAN78

Are you describing the comb like effect described on pg 59 of the manual or are you describing the movement on the edges of shadows?

In either case antialiasing has no effect.

If the former then increasing the bias setting will reduce the flicker at the expense of less shadow accuracy - see the manual.

The movement on the edge of shadows results from the vibration of the aircraft, the modelling of the movement of the sun and the limitations of the shadow techniques used in the sim.

There is nothing further that can be done other than turning the engine off!

Thanks actually figured it out after playing with the shadow settings. I now have smooth VC shadows even in the MJS Q400 in FSX!!! Love the dx10 fixer. Really took my sim experience to another label and I didn't have to buy P3D. Thanks

ROMAN78

Thanks actually figured it out after playing with the shadow settings. I now have smooth VC shadows even in the MJS Q400 in FSX!!! Love the dx10 fixer. Really took my sim experience to another label and I didn't have to buy P3D. Thanks

ROMAN78

Roman what settings did you use? agreed DX10 is P3d without the drama :-)

ZORAN

Hi,

I observed the same issue (slightly moving and sharpen shadows edges) - however this effect appears also when engines was off, but I have EZDOK Camera - maybe that's the reason...

t2360770_shadowsvct7.jpg

Roman, can you share your Fixer' Shadow settings?

Lucas