Sign in to follow this  
jambo50

FSX:SE instant terrain.dll CTD with FSUIPC

Already posted this over at SImFlight, but as Pete is away on holiday I'm hoping maybe someone here could lend a solution.

I've been getting a terrain.dll CTD within 4 minutes of loading up my sim. I'm loading my default saved siuation; active runway at EGPF, default trike.

The strange thing is that when I disable FSUIPC, the crash stops occuring!

This morning I did a clean install of FSX:SE with default settings and the FSX.cfg untouched. Loaded up the sim at the default situation and the sim ran for 10+ minutes with no crash.

Installed FSUIPC then loaded up the sim with the same situation. CTD within 4 minutes.

I'm at loss to explain this. I use WIDEFS to run other programs in a network configuration so this is kind of a show stopper for me.

If anyone could help, that would be great.

.ini file log file appcrashview

There are a bunch of threads on this, both here and on the FSX-SE forum on Steam. There is no "sure fire solution" to combating this bug. You can try the either one or both suggestions that people have made both here and elsewhere:

1. Use an affinity mask setting of 14 in your FSX.cfg file. Add this section and entry:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

2. In the FSX-SE user interface, turn down selected image quality settings until the error becomes less frequent.

Thanks Jay. I've browsed through them all and had a look to see if anyone had the same instant crash as myself but to no avail. I'll try putting the affinity mask in the cfg but I've already tried dailing back scenery settings. I had them at minimal but the crash still happened at the same time. If affinity mask works for me I will report back.

The timing of the CTD seems to be related to the aircraft used, the OS version, the FSX-SE DirectX version, world location and scenery installed. Depending on all those factors, I could get the CTD as quickly as 10 minutes into a flight or as long as several hours.