Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

FSDG Sharm El-Sheikh 2015 update

On Simmarket there is new/updated scenery from FSDG for a Sharm El-Sheikh 2015 update (they also have Djerba update). It says that it's free to those who have the 2012 version. Does anyone know if I need to un-install the scenery first before I install the updated scenery? Or can I just run the update over my existing installed scenery?

I did email this question to FSDG, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Hi, would interest me, too.

And are you sure that the update is not only for FSX and they sell it together with the old, not updated FS9 scenery?

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I tthink it for both FS9 and FSX. It says FSX and FS9 in the title and in the requirements at Simmarket.

Sharm El-Sheikh: http://secure.simmarket.com/fsdg-sharm-el-sheikh-fsx-p3d-fs2004.phtml

Djerba: http://secure.simmarket.com/fsdg-djerba-fsx-p3d-fs2004.phtml

I also found the FSDG site where they list what was updated.

http://forum.flightsimdevelopmentgroup.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2069

Does anyone know if I need to un-install the scenery first before I install the updated scenery?
Thanks for the pointer, Joseph, the download is running!

I am without fear, and will report back what happens.  B)

This may be slightly off-topic, but:

I own AS Djerba 2012 (v. 1.1) and in my Aerosoft account I found the updated installer together with a new activation code. I installed it - as I use a sandbox, I simply replaced the old files with the new ones - and was eager to know if FPS have improved, as Djerba has, beside LatinVFR KSAN, the worst FPS of all my payware sceneries (much worse than DD UUEE, really) (I refuse to turn ground shadows off). There was no improvement, and the scenery looked very familiar. I compared the files, and voilà, no differences - the same old v 1.1 files. So it is as I assumed already: The update, at least that for Djerba, only refers to the FSX and P3D versions.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I just got the email back from FSDG, and you were right GeyerH they said the FS9 version was not updated.

Aargh and I just sat down, unpacked the whole 65MB file, fetched the keys... now this  :wacko:

Thanks for posting though.

I get junkmail from various vendors, and they do tend to be a bit careless about their descriptions for FS9, sometimes "FS9" just means the first version, 5 years ago!

Ah well, the sim is an antique, and one has to rub and polish...  

Well I'll install the updates to FSX:SE, P3Dv2.5 and try into DCS, Falcon4 as well as EAW while I'm at it :excl: