Sign in to follow this  
marty2756

g2xpl: Creating 1x1 deg tiles with different ZL

Hi,

I'm trying to create tiles with ZL17 around airport (10000m high-res radius) and the rest of tile ZL16.
Since currently g2xpl chooses ZL-3 for the non-high res part of the tile, I have to follow procedure as suggested in FAQ:

1) Create full 1x1 deg tile with ZL16 (high_res_radius_m=0)
2) Rerun g2xpl changing in .ini:  ZL to 17 and high_res_radius_m=10000. (Assuming cache folder is not deleted from previous run)

Are these steps ok ? It seems to work, altough I cannot understand why scenery folder size grows from 2.2 GB in point 1...

(this is normally the size for a full 1x1 deg ZL16)... to 4.32 GB in point 2.
When adding a high-res layer of ZL17 of 20km2 , it should grow aprox 400 as max. (assuming around 8.5GB a full 1x1 ZL17 tile)
Any idea why folder size is growing so much ?
Then only explanation I could think of are unused ZL14 low-res (ZL17-3) created in point 2 for the rest of the tile ...

but still should not be even clouse to 4.32 GB.

Thanks

I didn't realise that could be done, please let us know how you get on.

I contacted the developer at the "official" forum thread for g2plx about this, and he replied he is working on a new version

which will alow to configure directly ZL for high_res and ZL for low res area for the same g2xpl run. (As of now, low res area is filled with ZL - 3 )... so no more need for rerun g2xpl several times or worry about unused textures.

Anyone else using g2xpl getting partially white tiles on Night tile creation?

Can't figure it out.

Just and update on the white tiles.

I'm now using GraphicConverter on the Mac side to automatically replace the "perfect white" with "perfect black" & export as PNGs.

Then I use the XPX tools to create proper DDS files from those PNGs and XPX accepts it perfectly.

So that's my solution to getting rid of the white portions of tiles.