Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

FSX Memory Issue

Hello-

So recently, my sim has started to act up. When the sim would start, it would use 3.9BG out of 4.0GB available. Thus making times for the sim/flights to load spike up to 20 minutes to load the Carenado C340 at FTX's Redding. It used to be fast and take only a few minutes, but now it takes WAY longer. And if it does load, it is laggy and the sim freezes every few seconds, on some occasions, when a flight would load, everything would be grey and the textures would have to load again. It does NOT crash.

I have applied the High-Memory fix as in the AVSIM CTD guide, and that has done nothing. I have also taken a look at other things like processor health, GPU health, and I have ruled that this is caused by FSX going up to 3.9BG's out of 4.0GB's on start up.

I am running an i7 4790K, 8GB's of RAM, and a GTX 650 GPU.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

Thus making times for the sim/flights to load spike up to 20 minutes to load the Carenado C340 at FTX's Redding

What happens if you use a different (default) plane at a different (default) airport?

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

It is a bit slower. Not as slow as with an addon plane at and addon airport. But it is still slower. 

Quick update, this has gotten worse I can no longer load a flight. It hits 40% and I get a message saying my computer ran out of memory, and at 100% I get the black screen of death.