Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zmak

Click spot sounds going to wrong speakers

Have spent a fair bit of time on this without a solution. After a reinstall of windows 7 and FSX-Se, I have a superbly functioning set up...except for the 777. Ive always used a USB headset and had all the cockpit click/switch sounds come through my headset but now they are going out the main speakers.

Ive checked my Win 7 speaker set up and its normal and surround sound isnt selected. Anyone have any ideas what I could do here?

ZORAN

Have you checked the device sounds in the 777 FMC?

Go to MENU/PMDG SETUP/OPTIONS/SOUND/ there are a few options in there such as DEVICE that you can change.

Having said that I am unsure how you ever managed to get the click sounds coming through your headset and the other aircraft sounds coming out of speakers. If indeed that is what you are saying you had. 

I do have a question though. Why would you want the click sounds through you headset while keeping all other sounds through speakers? Seems a little bizarre to me.

Thanks for the tip Im loading a flight now. I have Voice  through the headset and engines through the speakers, so all ok there its just the cockpit  Click sounds, landing gear lever etc are now diverting to the main speakers.

ZORAN

Thanks for the tip Im loading a flight now. I have Voice  through the headset and engines through the speakers, so all ok there its just the cockpit  Click sounds, landing gear lever etc are now diverting to the main speakers.

That is how they should be. And of course it makes sense for voice to come through the headset but I am still unsure why you want the switch and lever sounds to come through your headset. You would not have them through your headset on the real aircraft.

That is how they should be. And of course it makes sense for voice to come through the headset but I am still unsure why you want the switch and lever sounds to come through your headset. You would not have them through your headset on the real aircraft.

Yes of course, never thought of it like that. As it turns out my sounds were incorrect before so that's what I was used to. Now as you point out they are correct

All good again :-)

ZORAN

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

33%
    $8,485.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now