Sign in to follow this  
d33my

Editvoicepack X - Editing the name of a center

Hi all,

I recently downloaded Editvoicepack X for use when I'm not on VATSIM.  I know EVPX isn't supported any more but I thought I might get some help here.

It's a great program and I'm mostly happy with how the ICAO phrasing options work -- I use this as I fly a lot in Australia.

One thing that bugs me though is that now it refers to ATC Centers as 'Control' -- I.e. Melbourne Control, instead of the correct 'Melbourne Center'.

I know this is correct in Europe, but in Australia it seems we have a hybrid of ICAO and FAA and we use mostly ICAO phrases with some smatterings of the American stuff.

So my question is: is there a way to have Editvoicepack use ICAO phrasing, except change it so ATC will say 'Melbourne/Brisbane Center' instead of 'Control'? I imagine there is a line of code I can change somewhere but I don't know where to look.

Thanks,

Tom

To "Bump" this thread, I too am interested if it can be done.  I would like to change certain UK Centers to say "Control".

Thanks,

Mike

You would have to create the correct phase using EVPX then substitute it for the default.  Here's a path to the tutorial

Although I've created some replacements it has only been for airports.

I should also mention that I have the paid version, but I don't think that makes a difference.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

There is an option to set EVP to use either the FAA (American) or the European ICAO naming convention when updating the primary EVP ATC file.   The problem is that whichever you choose will be used for ALL ATC.  Only other option is airernies suggestion, but you would have to change every it for airport you wish to use a different ICAO naming.

• Upvote 1