Sign in to follow this  
rhalton

A2A Cessna 172 heading bug problem

Thanks scot will investigate further tonight

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Gents

well I have tried everything I am stumped with this, all other aircraft are working except the a2a c172, for me Linda is definitely picking up the C172 A2A profile and there is no logging errors so its initialising correctly

P3d 2.5 with all hotfixes on windows 8 update 2

Fresh install of Linda 2.6.1

A2A c172 is synching fine in linda with no console errors and working fine except for the heading synch issue and jumping over the place when using the heading bug

reinstalled A2A c172 with latest service pack I kinda of knew that would not help but desperation LOL

Richard

Did you have any joy, below working fine including the heading synch and bug

a2a p180

a2a c182

PMDG 737 NGX

Default P3D aircraft

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

After a good sleep and thinking on my run this morning, I have identified the causes of the problems being experienced with the A2A C172 operation.

First, there was a missing ident.lua file in the 1.0.2 module download. This file links the aircraft simobject to the correct LINDA configuration files.

Secondly, the full LINDA 2.5.7 contained a configuration I created for the default Microsoft C172. With this present, LINDA is unable to locate the A2A C172 files.

To correct these conflicts, download and install the new A2A C172 v1.0.3 module.  Then locate and move/delete the following folders:

• \modules\aircrafts\linda\c172
  • \modules\aircrafts\linda-cfg\c172

Both LINDA and FSX/P3D should be closed and reopened. A2A Cessna 172R should be selected in the Aircraft Selector and FSXsync actived (orange outline).  The displays and MCP page should look like this:

LINDA_A2A_Display.jpg

LINDA_A2A_Screen.jpg

Hopefully these changes should fix the reported problems.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scott,

Have done a clean re-install of linda 2.5.7 and A2A c172 1.0.3. Everything now works OK - no console errors. Thanks to you and Wayne for your work on this.

Richard

Hi Richard

Great news. Have you tried 2.6.1?  It should work fine now.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks very much scot i will follow your instructions tonight after work

Wayne such

HI

Not working for me same issue, I had already deleted the c172 and added the missing ident.lua having noticed the issue, exactly same error for me after following the instructions as stated, I will try one last fresh install before giving up

Wayne

Wayne such

ok finally got this working after another fresh install of Linda 2.6.1, It is synched now only slight issue is its about 4 degrees out compared to the aircraft DG and the movement is poor from the MCP2 now iE jumps a lot and not very precise like other aircraft but I can live with that for what ever reason, thanks all

Wayne

well I just tried the A2A c172 again and now its about 30 degrees out and the movement is all over the place again when I move the MCP2 heading knob, I don't think I will bother with the A2A C172 wasted too much time already will just fly the A2A c182 as it working flawlessly with the heading sync and dial, thanks for all your efforts

Wayne

Wayne such

Hi Wayne

Thank you for the updates and I am sorry but I can not explain the problems you have been having. As recommended, a clean installation is I believe essential due to the fundamental changes in 2.6.1.

In my little spare time I have done several test flights with the A2A C172 and have not seen the problems you report. I see no jumping or deviation. Did you see the MCP2 display and LINDA A172 function list as posted above?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scot

Yes I deleted everything and did a clean install of Linda 2.6.1 then installed the A2A c172 1.03, I followed your instructions to the T and see all the screen settings. I know Linda well enough to know its a weird glitch or corruption on my setup and not something I am overlooking, it kind of worked once after the fresh install but next time reverted back, maybe I will troubleshoot it more at a later date, I am cranky with it now and could not be bothered wasting any more time on it LOL, but thanks for all your help

Regards
Wayne

Wayne such

Bad news. Problem is back again for me. Have not changed anything since yesterday.

Richard

Richard

Sorry to hear not working again mate, I rolled back to 2.5.7 with a complete fresh install same issue with the A2A C172 I will just fly the 182 but its really annoying when you cant find the reason for something, drives me nuts lol, hopefully it will get rectified at some point some how

Wayne

Wayne such

Hi Richard & Wayne

I hit the same problem of LINDA refusing to sync with A2A Cessna A172 this evening when I installed the latest update 2.6.2.  That is after several days of fault free flying in FSX-SE and P3D.  I will investigate this over the weekend and report.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

thanks Scot strange problem that one

Wayne

Wayne such

Went back later and it worked perfectly. ??????

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK