Sign in to follow this  
boeingaviation

Blurry ground textures p3d v2.4

Hi folks, me again.

Got the fps stable now. But I now have another problem..... Blurry ground textures.

The textures are quite blurry until I start climbing at which point textures near the aircraft and in distant start to sharpen up somewhat.

I've tried many tweaks and this morning I have deleted my p3d config file and rebuilt it and only added the affinity mask, texture max load of 6, fiber fraction of 0.33 and terrain swap out time to 30.

Those are the tweaks suggested by the p3d performance tunning guide. I just can't seem to get crisp textures.

PC SPECS:

i7 2600k OC @ 4.3ghz.

8GB DDR3-1600 RAM

EVGA GTX970 FTW 4GB RAM

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit.

Using the latest nvidia drivers also.

If the avsim community could kindly assist in helping my get crisp textures I would appreciates.

Thanks,

Chris

I removed all tweaks except for fibre fraction. There is a good thread about it, try moving the value to 0.05 and if all goes well, the maximum of 0.01 should help you. Do not go past this value.

I thought it might pay to note that I'm using the latest nvidia drivers as well. My computer meets and exceeds the recommended specs for P3D so I would hope for better performance with the graphics considering I have a really good graphics cars.

So you mean remove affinity mask and everything else except the fibre frame fraction and that worked for you

Correct, delete you cfg file and start afresh, and only add fibre frame fraction. I have a similar cpu to you but my graphics card is really poor. I run the sim locked at 20fps and it is super smooth with no blurry textures.

texture max load of 6, fiber fraction of 0.33 and terrain swap out time to 30

Chris these are the default values P3D uses anyway  so writing these into the cfg does nothing.

You have to use the suggested non-default values for these if you want to tweak it.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Ok so I just deleted p3d cfg and rebuilt it, added only fibre fraction @ 0.05 & it does seem a bit better. My test area is London with the uk2000 Heathrow scenery. Using the default fighter jet just as I got airborne textures seemed to not be so blurry further away & as I climbed higher they seemed to be bit crisper further away as I climbed higher.

I have set vsync & triple buffering on and set my fps to 40.

I will retry flying with the fibre fraction @ 0.01 tomorrow & let you know the results.

I should be correct in thinking my system should be able to handle the system well considering all my specs exceed the recommended settings.

Will keep you posted.

Quick update.

Still have blurry distant textures, even with Fibre Fraction set to 0.01.

Can anyone else recommend anything else to try. I'm wondering if my terrain radius needs to be adjusted because as I climb higher the scenery sharpens up.

Also should I try some different nvidia drivers to the latest ones maybe that's a cause?

My blurry textures were caused by my Affinity Mask setting which took out core '0'...when i removed affinity mask, all was ok

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi GB,

Thanks very much for that. By non default where do I find these?

You might have to do some googling on them.

Some values are suggested in the LM tuning guide like for texture max load eg. 3,6,9.

For the blurries you might try increasing fibre frame fraction rather than decrease.

The LM guide says:

This setting, which defaults to a value of .33 (33%), defines the percentage of each frame that is devoted to loading scenery. Increasing this number can reduce "the blurries", but it can cause stutters, and can also reduce the overall frame rate.

Try .50 or .66 and see what happens.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi everyone.

Well i've tried everything suggested and nothing has completed removed the blurry textures.

See attached. They seem to be better at higher altitue. I have Fibre Fraction set to 0.66.

Also just noticed on my short flight from London City to Amsterdam that my RAM Usage went to 7.5gb! leaving only 500mb of ram available and Video Ram maxed at 3.1gb of 4GB ram.

This game has to perform much better than this as I'm almost hitting the Out of Memory Territory with P3D V2.4.

I've attached some images to show the blurry textures.

rLA3B3.jpg

NYhBYp.jpg[/url]

If someone can please help me with P3D in getting at least my RAM & Video Ram usage down as the only thing I have is the quality wings BAE 146 running and default scenery.

I look forward to your response.

Have you tried removing the Fibre fraction line?

Try renaming or deleting your prepar3d.cfg and starting afresh with default settings. Don't change any of the scenery or lighting sliders. Do you still get blurries? If no, work from there gradually increasing them until you find the right balance of candy against blurries.