Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

NEW - LINDA 2.6.3 Released

Hi Bao

I do not know what is causing FSX to crash. I have not seen it but I would suggest you try 2.6.2 first.

I do not have time to go back and rework 2.5.7 to add new features at present.  LINDA 2.5.7 is available at the bottom of the top post in LINDA Download sub-forum.  That is a thought!  It could be the panel position code that had been "disabled" when I took over the code that is causing the crash to desktop.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

LINDA 2.6.3 released with permanent fix for crash on start up for non-MCP users.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Is it me or does Linda not switch automatically to the selected aircraft?  I thought it use to.  Now I'm having to tell Linda which aircraft I'm using

Hi burns

The current aircraft should be displayed at the top of the page but it is only operative if the dropdown box is outlined in orange.  You need to click on the FSXSync button to synchronise LINDA with the aircraft you are flying.  It is important that the name in the dropdown box matches the aircraft description and the aircraft module folders names (ie. Aerosoft Airbus).  There is a particular problem with the A2A A172 clashing with the default Microsoft C172.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

It is immediately to the right of the aircraft dropdown at top of page.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Okay, I found the button but its 'greyed out'...dim...not selectable when using FSX-SE.

I can choose it when running regular CD version of FSX.

Guess its a bug?

Interesting. I have been using LINDA sync'ed with FSX-SE for some time now.  Compare which aircraft (objects) you have and the \modules\linda and \modules\linda-cfg between FSX and FSX-SE.  If you do not have an aircraft module matching the first part of the aircraft name it can cause problems. For example, the "Aerosoft Airbus" would include Aerosoft Airbus A319, A320, etc but "Aerosoft Airbus A320" would only reference the A320 version.  This can be edited by click Edit to the left of the aircraft name.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I can manually select the aircraft, which I assume implies LINDA knows about it.  Its just the sync button that isn't enabled.

The directories look identical.  27 items in the linda/aircraft folder and linda-cfg/aircraft folder for both FSX and FSX-SE

Once I select an aircraft in FSX-SE, FSX SYNC becomes selectable and LINDA does change when I change aircraft.  But not until I select the first aircraft.

That is how it should work. The FSX SYNC can only sync to the currently selected aircraft in the simulator because it requires FSUIPC to be running to identify the airframe type.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I think I explained it wrong....

I select the aircraft in Linda after starting FSX-SE and then the SYNC button appears.  The button doesn't appear, even when FSX-SE is running with an aircraft selected, unless I also select an aircraft in LINDA.

My inexperience here shows that this didn't happen with the CD version of FSX.  Never had to use the sync button.

With FSX-SE I use FSUIPC4.939.  With FSX, I'm currently at FSUIPC4.934.  In case that makes a difference.

FYI:

Had to reinstall FSX after building a new system.  When doing so, I installed the new FSUIPC 4.939.  Now FSX works like FSX-SE with LINDA.  IE, I have to tell it to sync to FSX prior to flying.  It no longer does it by default.

FYI: IE, I have to tell it to sync to FSX prior to flying.  It no longer does it by default.

Same here. It just started doing this a few days ago. I cannot recall making any changes to FSX or LINDA.

I am also still getting that "Out Of Range" error every time I load/start v 6.3.2

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hi,

for me it seems, I only get "Out of Range" error, when using the PMDG 737.

No Problems, when using the RealAir B60T or Default-Modules.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.