Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Fuel feeds from only one tank - Help!

Hello all:

Well, I am going batty with this problem. Fuel feeds from only the port side tank on the Cessna! I've tried everything I can think of short of a reinstall. Looked all ove the aircraft.cfg file...nothing different there with respect to fuel from any other aircraft. I've reloaded the plane several times passing through a different simple aircraft like the ultralight. Looked at all the settings on the taskbar...none really have to do with draining tanks. I'm stumped. Any ideas? I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

To help solve the problem. . . Are you using SP2 with no mods?

Regards,

Ray

I sent you a PM with some Fuel Sys info specific to your problem.

Regards,

Ray

Sometimes this happens because you have overwritten your default situation file. Here is a method for restoring your default situation file back.

Make a backup of your FSX.cfg file first.Then open your FSX.cfg file (using Notepad) and find the line which starts with Situation=. It will be under the [uSERINTERFACE] label. If you have changed the default flight, Situation= will be followed by a complete path to the name of the FLT flight file you currently have as the default.Example: SITUATION=C:\Documents and Settings\Opa\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Southwest at KDAL(That is my current default flight)Delete everything after Situation= (being very careful not to take anything from the next entry - which on my system is Map_Orientation=2)When you are done it should look something like this:[uSERINTERFACE]PageID=1OpenATCOnCreate=0SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SITUATION=Map_Orientation=2Save your work.Now when you restart FSX, it will use the original default flight because the situation= line is empty.I believe that is the simplest way to get back to the default flight.

Thank you so much! I've been doing this hobby for 20 years and didn't know this. Very helpful.

Thanks again!!