Sign in to follow this  
pizman82

Time Compression and ASN Wind Uplink

Hello Guys.

this is my First posting on Avsim cause my English is not he best.  Hope you Understand me and can maby help !

Situation:

I Fly the PMDG 777-200LR   and use ActiveSykyNext. Alson i use the Wind Uplink Function.

I Want to make Long Turns from Europe to the USA for example EDDM Munich - KJFK Kennedy.   But i need to skip a liitle bit time with the Time Compression cause my reallife is bussy and i cant seat 10 Houres on my Computer....

Also i need some Information how ASN Wind data in the FMC from PMDG 777 works when i do Time Compression 4x .

1.)

I Read that ASN gives Wind data for Far away Waypoints NOT in form of the  actual wind at the moment of making the Flightplan. ASN makes a kind of Forecast with help of the loadet Flightplan in ANS and my proxied Cruisespeed and calculate when i´m ETA on the Woyypoint.

IS THAT CORRECT ???

2.) When I use Time Compression its maby not important if  the Winds are forcasted or live.   I will reach the Waypoint not at the correct Realtime.  Also the Wind-data is in both ways not corect. 

I decidet to fix that Problem and looking forward to make a "Reqest wind Data" from time to time.   (Maby every 30 Minutes Realtime or 2 Houre of Sim-Time with 4x Timecompression)

Ah that point my second Question:     Does ASN know where i´m located at the moment of a new Data Reques??  Or does ASN just calculate the time since my last request and think i´m on the Position who i where without time Compression. 

3)   At last.  What do you guys think is the best way to use the Wind forecast Uplink from ASN/PMDG with working with time Compression while long journeys.  Is my opinion with a update by the mfc avery 30 Minutes a good idea or ist it not possible to make flights with time Compression.

Thank You !