Sign in to follow this  
sehadi

777 install issue with fsx and se

I used to use pmdg t7 all packs successfully in fsx and fsx se then I upgrade my system and after that I m unable to install T7 300er successfully. Sometimes it install in fsx and some times in se edition. I tried simconnect in Se when I installed in fsx so that installer install in Se but nothing happens. I downloaded both files from pmdg site today base and expansion and tried installing but same issue however base pack works fine in both Sims

I dont know where I am going wrong as this procedure is pretty straight forward. 

And tried to raise ticket  at Pmdg support but at the end of message body and attachments I can see only 2 buttons

BACK and START NEW no submit ??

My system is

ASRock extreme6

I7 4790k

Gskill 8gb X2

NVIDIA 9800gtx+oc

Corsair hx750i psu

Pls help me on this matter

Thx

AA

BACK and START NEW no submit ??

"Start new" is "submit," essentially. By submitting that text you're beginning a new ticket.

I'm not at all clear of what the issue is here. By the way, you don't need to "change" simulators back and forth. You can install the plane in both simulators.

Thx
AA

Full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

thx for reply one thing of ticket is clear now

and the second issue about the installation is

I have done clean install of both sims in 2 different drives D:\ and E:\

even physically drives are different

if I run 777 200lrf  base pack it installs in both sims automatically however I have to run twice to do this but end result is fine

and if I run 777 300er expansion it only install in one and if I repair it like 200base pack it does not install in the second one

I know its kind of strange issue but this is happening

OR

you tell the installation procedure  probably I am doing something wrong??

your suggestion pls

thx

AA

you tell the installation procedure  probably I am doing something wrong??

Probably something you're doing incorrectly. My bet is that you aren't using the latest version of the installer for the expansion that allows you to install in both simulators.

thx
AA

Full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Well issue with only 300er expansion pack not with 200lr base pack and I have downloaded the software today as  well as 737ngx for steam and the now issue with 737 as well. it only install in steam not in fsx

don't know whats going on

you think it is because I have installed fsx steam edition first then fsx?

as last time before upgrading the system every thing was absolutely fine. no issues with the installation and I was running fsx for last 2 years then I downloaded steam edition and installed the pmdg T7 add on as well as flight one b200 and worked fine.

thx

I read something about this yesterday.... on one of the AVsim forums  I think the FSX & FSX -SE share the same one of the hidden folders during installation. The FSX and FSX-SE can and will run perfectly okay on different drives. Unfortunately the  installs default to the  FSX-SE  path especially for addons. I think this is true with Addon scenery add ons as well as some aircraft Addons. If there is a thread and I am incorrect someone will post the link for you.