Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

how do some AI end up in the normal aircraft folder?

When I am in the aircraft select mode, I see some AI aircrafts. Yet, when I go into the aircraft folder, I find no folder nor any reference to these AI. I want to remove them, but am puzzled as to where they might be.

thanks

tony

Take a look in the [Main] section of your FSX.CFG file. You should find a list of entries beginning SimObjectPaths. These define where FSX will search for flyable and AI objects. The main entry for aircraft is:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

The majority of aircraft are in SimObjects\Airplanes in the main FSX folder, which is the FSX default. But some addons place their aircraft elsewhere, and add entries to this section of FSX.CFG so they will be found. Check out any folders listed in that section.

Far as I know, AI planes will show up on the aircraft selection screen if they have a panel folder in them. You need to check through your AI aircraft and delete any panel folders and reference to the panel folder in the aircraft.cfg

Cheers

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I may have misunderstood the OP. I thought the problem was that he couldn't find a folder relating to the AI a/c in Simobjects\Airplanes. It now sounds like he could find a folder relating to the a/c, but was expecting to see some specific mention of it as AI. If that is the problem, then Jack's answer is correct. Bear in mind, though, that deleting the panel info will render the a/c unflyable as a regular a/c.