Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

10.35 final is out and 10.40 currently in development....

Per Ben's comments:

"X-Plane 10.40 is currently in development. Austin has some new features that he’s letting people test-drive; I’ll post more about 10.40 in a few weeks."

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yep, if you own a Mac, you can email Austin to get 10.40. I was testing it before my Mac gave up on me. Just be aware that the 10.40 that is being tested only includes features Austin is working on (e.g. New winds aloft,fixes to engines). It doesn't include the long range visiblity, etc.. (..but it will at some point). The same happened during the 10.30 testing phase, builds were handed out that didn't include the GPS etc..

One thing I will say though is that 10.40 hugely improved the framerates on Mac OS X Yosemite. I saw a jump of 5-6fps (Which is a lot for me and makes a big difference).

Do we know anything concrete about 10.40 apart from les bidouillages d'Austin ? Ben mentioned he will give us more in a few weeks, but until I see it in black and white I remain skeptical about what will be actually included, with particular reference to visibility. I just have this nagging feeling that they might keep that for v11 which would be such as shame as it really kills tubeliner flights, especially long haul.

There's no official list yet AFAIK. There have been comments now and then from Ben about what might be included, but we all know now that things change, and features get pulled/pushed etc..

Do we know anything concrete about 10.40 apart from les bidouillages d'Austin ? Ben mentioned he will give us more in a few weeks, but until I see it in black and white I remain skeptical about what will be actually included, with particular reference to visibility. I just have this nagging feeling that they might keep that for v11 which would be such as shame as it really kills tubeliner flights, especially long haul.

well ben said in the comments of an earlier blog that those changes are being made, however he is being cautious to offically say they will be implemented until he has tested them thoroughly and makes sure they dont brake anything else spectacularily. because then he will hold them back until that is fixed.