Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Track ir help

Hi

I'm very new to xplane and track ir

I've managed to set up a reasonable profile for Xplane that apart from one thing I'm happy with which is the forward view Which is far to low,because when I sit in the cockpit I see about 80% instruments and 20% outside.

I want to be able to see about 70% outside and 30% instruments so that I only have to glance down to see anything relavent.The only way that I can do this to any degree is to sit bolt upright which gets very uncomfortable after only a few minutes.

If I switch track ir off and use the keys to adjust the height position everything is fine but as soon as I re-engage track ir the view goes back to how it was before and the keys don't work.

Is there a solution or do i have to phsycally move the sensor on my monitor to view higher up.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Pete Little

Welcome to XPL. Try the "x-camera" plugin, along with TrackerIR it makes a world of difference.

"twiggys" is absolutely correct.  X-Camera will do what you are asking and more.  X-Plane will work with TrackIR, but does not allow all functions to work, but x-camera will bring it to life.  Not criticizing X-Plane.. It's just the way it works and I didn't realize what TrackIR was capable of until x-camera came along..   Welcome to X-Plane.  You will be frustrated at times, but, in the end, your experience will be great!

John

John Wingold