Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

Using FSUIPC with the 737NGX

Hello

I recently purchased the 737NGX for P3D and am about to start off with this great aircraft.Before I do I have a question of the configuration of the flight controls. With my set up i use the full version of FSUIPC to handle all my controls and I set the default controls in the sim to ignore. As this is a complex aircraft is it ok for me to do the same? I seem to remember reading somewhere ( can't remember where) that this can cause problems with the aircraft.

Any help/ advice would really be appreciated

Many thanks

Darran

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

"FSUIPC to handle all my controls and I set the default controls in the sim to ignore"

Works great for me.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Have fun with the 'Read the Manual ' replies and you'll find out not everything's explained in the manual and they never have examples . I bought the Captain package of Angle Of Attack and they have a real good video on setting the PMDG up - throttles -rudders -ext--If you get high centered let me know and i might be able to help you .

PMDG does not recommend using fsuipc to control "stuff", but in their documentation it recommends that if you do, then use Windows Control Panel to calibrate your hardware as opposed to calibrating within fsuipc.

My controls were acting wierd for a quite a while after calibrating with fsuipc, until I read the pmdg documentation. I then calibrated via Windows Control Panel and the issues went away.

Hope this helps.

Colin Marsden

I wouldn't let P3D/FSX touch my controls with a 20 foot pole.  All aircraft are setup in FSUIPC on my setup; whether it is a single engine prop are 4 engine Jumbo Jet.   FSUIPC can handle it all!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Colin,

"My controls were acting wierd for a quite a while after calibrating with fsuipc,"

I have never had a problem with axis assignments / calibrating in FSUIPC (FS9.1/FSX/FSX SP2/P3Dv-all) with PMDG 737NGX / JS4100 or any other payware or default aircraft.

What problems did you have?

Best Regards,

Hi Vaughan,  the 737 was rolling to the left after take off. Even in level flight there would be this slow gentle roll to the left. I tried all kinds of things in fsuipc to solve the issue but it never went away. I even tried trim but then it would roll the other way. It was fine in AP mode.

After calibrating in Windows it all went away. In windows I noticed during calibration that even though the wheel was centered, the calibration on the screen showed it as banking left

I have the Saitek controllers - peddles, wheel and throttle quad.

I still have the issue with the throttle as to get the same n1 I have to put the right throttle 1/2 inch higher than the left one. Never could get them calibrated to line up right.

Colin Marsden

I still have the issue with the throttle as to get the same n1 I have to put the right throttle 1/2 inch higher than the left one. Never could get them calibrated to line up right.

--- Have you recalibrated the throttles? Make sure the correct profile is loading for that plane as well.

Also, FSX had a bad habit to 'enabling' controllers and making you thing your fsuipc settings are incorrect. Check that and make sure you have the Enable Controllers check box 'unchecked' in the FSX>Settings>Controls. With the checkbox on, this will cause the FSX settings to override the FSUIPC settings.

Colin,

"I have the Saitek controllers - peddles, wheel and throttle quad."

Saitek .. Me too but CH peddels ..

I have never had the problems you reported here.

No problems with roll, trim throttles all ok .. lined up ... nothing bad to report here.

All ok with FSUIPC assignments and proper FSUIPC axes calibrations for many years of use.

Best Regards,