Sign in to follow this  
FlyingRaptorX

Update SP1D for Boxed version

Hi, I have the PMDG 737NGX boxed edition, and I would like to update it, but Im unable to find out how.

I didnt buy it from any website that gives support to the product, so I would like to know how to update it, as I just reinstalled the NGX

and I cant even update to SP1C (which was availeble in the OC)

I bought the  NGX from Flightsim.no

What do I do?

-Henrik Isaksen

Hi Henrik,

All the information regarding updating the boxed version can be found in this topic:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464558-13mar15-aerosoft-dvd-and-download-customers-and-fsx-se-compatibility/

In brief, it's not available yet; they're working on it. As to not being able to install SP1c, I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to do either.

Best,

Walter Meier

Hi, I bought the PMDG 737NGX boxed edition from Flightsim(dot)no a few years ago, and I have been able to use the update installer from the OC, but

now I am unable to update it because you have changed how you update your planes, and flightsim.no dont have any download link for me to use, so I cant

update it! What do I do as I really want to use SP1D, and I just reinstalled the NGX meaning I cant even use SP1C.

Please help me,

Hi, Hendrik,

It does appear that PMDG took down SP1C for the NGX.  I used it a long time ago to update my Aerosoft boxed NGX as well.  You might try filing a ticket with PMDG -- maybe they can provide you with a link for SP1C.

Regarding SP1D, their plan is to make it available somehow through Aerosoft to people who purchased the boxed version (all boxes ultimately derive from Aerosoft, apparently).  But my guess is they will not do so until they are sure that it is compatible with a stable version of the Steam version of FSX.  Now Steam has announced it won't be coming out with a new beta until early April (the previous beta broke the PMDG 777 -- I don't know what effect it had on the NGX).  Steam has also just announced that they will be distributing the upcoming beta to third party developers -- hopefully this will include PMDG, as there were quite a few complaints on Steam's forum about the previous beta breaking the 777.  Like you, I will just have to wait awhile for the SP1D update to be available via Aerosoft.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2