Sign in to follow this  
djsebx

Nice Cote d'Azur Airport

Guest KFD

Hi,I've just spent a great 5 days short break in Nice. We could see the airport from my hotel and saw some interesting arrivals on to Runway 22 using the "SALEYA 22" aproach which is a 3 1/2 deg glidepath and is used very infrequently because of the proximity of high ground, strong cross winds and the town of Nice. The weather minima is 8km and 1500 ft and it is used very infrequently. If you go to the airport website it gives you all the details of the approaches and departures to Nice and also gives you the opportunity to view the approaches as a AVI file. Neat. The website is http://www.niceairport.org/default_eng.htm. It gives photos and great links to the charts and positions of aircraft using photographs. Overall, the ATC regulations and procedures are very complex and I've had a great time since my return using the Level D 767 (in British airways colours, naturally as they use 767s on this route!)trying the various approaches and departures to Nice. You also have the high ground within 3.5 and 5 NM on the 04 departure which entails a 095 deg turn passing 400 ft on departure. There is a link on the above airport site to the French AIP which gives maps and procedure details and is available in English.PS the feet are mine to prove I was there!!Kev

Guest KFD

Sorry,The feet picture didn't upload. Just as well!!Kev

Guest willg

Wow nice really is a lovely airport, and credit to u for the interested thread :) Its practicalyl my favourite airport on fs, i normally fly to it from Rome Zurich or Madrid. Must have been great to see that airport in the flesh, now ive g2 see it :(.Wilg :-wave

Great site you've linked to!This makes me want to get the sim-wings France airports even more!Thanks!J

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest Peter Sidoli

I have to fly a Citation two to Nice on Monday so will try and get some real world pics to place up here.Peter

There is a nice Nice freeware scenery for FS2004.It's made by Guy NEMOZ and is FPS friendly.You can find it there : http://www.vf-air.com/LFMN-NIKAYA.htmAs you may be not reading french everyday, the direct link is : http://www.vf-air.com/nicayaV5d.zip----As you say you are using the LDS767, the good news is that you can find the SID/STAR for LFMN at www.navdata.at for the LDS767. Just use the PROCIO software to merge it within the procedureDB.xml of your LDS767, and you may fly SALEYA or RIVIERA approaches more precisely ! (In fact, flying such approaches only with radial navigation is quite difficult. Lots of turns there !)

Peter, just PM me if you wanna drink a beer once you land in Nice !

Guest KFD

Jerome,Thanks for the info - I bought the Simmarket Nice airport and while it is good - it really hogs my framerates. (about 7-12 FPS. P4 2.8 Radeon 9600. Is it worth uninstalling and using Guy Nemoz Nice?Also - not sure how to use PROCIO.Kev

Guest Peter Sidoli

>Peter, just PM me if you wanna drink a beer once you land in Nice !

around 25 FPS using the freeware here.-> Worth trying.BTW, it is uglier than Simmarket one. Really less 3D objects, lots of 2D texture. Less roads.. Less buildings.. But FAST !

Guest dsflyer

Great., we have all established Nice is a "very nice place". So what?

Guest KFD

You know, this is a fun hobby and people go to great lengths to make it realistic and more fun. All I was doing here was putting forward a good airport in interesting surrounds with interesting and challenging approaches - but, most importantly, a fantastic airport website which gives graphical and written information to achieve these approaches and which would add realism and FUN to Flight Simulator.I guess there will always be some small minded individual waiting to do his troll act - Meanwhile, I hope people are not put off from visiting the Nice Airport website to see the all the data available.Kev

Guest dsflyer

OMG what was i thinking last night (idiot). One bad week = NO EXCUSE. I,m gonna cool off for a few months

I'm happy you posted the info. I found the French SIA site through that site. Like the Spanish AENA and the FAA, you can get FREE approach plates there!By the by. I am likely going to spring for the sim-wings Nice scenery. You guys say that it is a frame hog?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hey,That'll be great. When I was in France, my wife and I elected to go straight to Spain from Marseille rather than go check out the Cote d'Azur and Nice. Sometimes I regret that decision.

Jeff Bea