Sign in to follow this  
jhoman

Flight plan in Tutorial #1.5

During flight preparation in tutorial # 1.5, page 31, I am unable to uplink the route KIAD-EDDM, I enter PFO103 in the Flight Number Field, then press REQUEST, this particular route does not show up.

Am I missing a step somewhere, it states on page 8 that the tutorial includes AIRAC 1309, but that the tutorial is written for AIRAC 1410, would this have been the problem?

Thank you for any answers you might have on this matter.

Jacobus Homan

Alternatively, if you have put the PFO103.RTE file in the FSX-PMDG-FLIGHTPLANS-777 folder, you can enter PFO103 in the scratchpad and then select CO ROUTE. The file name still ends up in the FLT NO field but the route will have been loaded.

Dugald Walker

During flight preparation in tutorial # 1.5, page 31, I am unable to uplink the route KIAD-EDDM, I enter PFO103 in the Flight Number Field, then press REQUEST, this particular route does not show up.

Am I missing a step somewhere, it states on page 8 that the tutorial includes AIRAC 1309, but that the tutorial is written for AIRAC 1410, would this have been the problem?

Thank you for any answers you might have on this matter.

Jacobus Homan

You have to put the RTE file in the PMDG > FLIGHTPLANS > 777 folder.

Kyle Rodgers

For me, the uplink works if I enter only the origin, KIAD. If I also enter the destination, EDDM, I get the message NO ROUTES AVAILABLE.

Dugald Walker

For me, the uplink works if I enter only the origin, KIAD. If I also enter the destination, EDDM, I get the message NO ROUTES AVAILABLE.

You sure you have the file in the PMDG > FLIGHTPLANS > 777 folder?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, otherwise the uplink wouldn't work at all. It works perfectly if I don't enter the origin or the destination and it works perfectly if I enter only the origin but it doesn't work if I enter both the origin and the destination.

It's not a problem for me because I like to enter routes manually or load CO ROUTES but I wondered if the OP is seeing the same problem.

Dugald Walker

Thank you all for your contribution to my request, a fast reply was very much appreciated.

Again my thanks.

Jacobus Homan

Alternatively, if you have put the PFO103.RTE file in the FSX-PMDG-FLIGHTPLANS-777 folder, you can enter PFO103 in the scratchpad and then select CO ROUTE. The file name still ends up in the FLT NO field but the route will have been loaded.

I'm having the same issue. After performing a full hard disk search for PFO103.rte, there is no such file. I have already uninstalled/reinstalled the T7 and still this file does not exist. Exactly where is the default location for this file? Why is the T7 installer not installing this particular file? Thanks for any help you can give.

Steve Silvi

Exactly where is the default location for this file?

In the ZIP file for Tutorial #1.5.

Why is the T7 installer not installing this particular file?

Because the file is from the Tutorial #1.5 zip file on our site.

Kyle Rodgers

I am having the same problem, upon examination of the my

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777

I discovered there are no flight plans whatsoever. Should both ..\FLIGHTPLANS\777 directories be empty? Even reinstalled/repaired the 777 200 LR/F.

OK, found the PFO103.rte file but the empty directories question remains.

Bryan Tuey

3 hours ago, Bryan620 said:

I discovered there are no flight plans whatsoever. Should both ..\FLIGHTPLANS\777 directories be empty? Even reinstalled/repaired the 777 200 LR/F.

Hi Bryan,

The 777 doesn't come with flight plans.  The PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 will only have flight plans you have created and saved to the 777 folder.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On 4/22/2017 at 11:45 PM, Bryan620 said:

You'll need to manually put the flight file in the 777 folder. By default the 777 does not come with any routes, unless you create them. There's a bunch of info about routes at the end of the Intro Manual.

Kyle Rodgers