Sign in to follow this  
deckerloyd

RAAS Won't Update with SP1d Install

Good evening PMDG,

So I recently built a new computer and moved my flight sim rig to it. That included a fresh install of the PMDG 777 and the expansion. I also downloaded each update and installed each in order for both the base LRF and 300ER expansion (SP1 through SP1d). The PMDG operations center says I'm fully up-to-date with version 1.10.6320.

However, when I start FSX I still get the notification from RAAS saying an update is available. From what I understand if version 1.10.6320 is installed, than the RAAS should be current as well; however I still get the message and in my RAASPRO main folder the RAAS.dll version 1.2.147 from May 2014. I do not have RAAS Pro, I just use it for the T7, so I can't legally update it any other way.

I've also rerun the SP1d updates and selected "Repair" with no success.

Any thoughts? Preferably without needing to uninstall anything?

I'm not sure what you've got going on there.  Current version is 1.10.6320, my RAASPRO.dll is version 1.6.5.2  1/23/15 and I do not have RAAS Pro.  I assume you run the installer with admin rights.

The update to RAAS was after May 2014 and was required for compatibility with P3D.  There's no impact on FSX.  However, the message is annoying so I'd submit a ticked to PMDG Product Support and see what they recommend.

Pass along the resolution please.

Dan Downs KCRP

I got it working. I uninstalled the T7 and expansion using the SP1d exe, and then reinstalled using only the SP1d installer. That got RAASPRO updated.

Thanks for the help.