Sign in to follow this  
ualani

2.8 Error On Startup

I've been using The Fixer from the very beginning and I just upgraded to 2.8 Installation went fine, installed libraries, etc. Now when I attempt to run The Fixer I get a message that says "Please close FSX before running DX10 Scenery Fixer." The only problem is, is that FSX isn't running and I haven't run it since my last reboot.  I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling, but I can't uninstall the libraries in order to do it. Help!

The check that it makes for fsx running isn't very sophisticated - it looks for a window titled

"Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

If you have a directory with that name open in File Explorer it can therefore cause it to think FSX is running.

Just for fun I opened the FSX folder in an Explorer window, clicked on the Fixer icon and got the "FSX is running" message; closed the window and the message went away. Who'd have ever thunk it? Live and learn!