Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

A bit of XPX awesomeness

Guest Mik75

Thank you guys for your kind words!

Thank you guys for your kind words!

Michael,

Beautiful pics!!!

I'm curious if you have flown the Aerosoft Airbus in FSX/P3D at all and can compare that to the JarDesign A320?  I've been thinking of trying X-Plane lately.  If for no other reason than it's something new.  If I did, the JarDesign A320 would be what I'd do the bulk of my flying in if it were at least as good as the Aerosoft Buses.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Guest Mik75

Michael,

Beautiful pics!!!

I'm curious if you have flown the Aerosoft Airbus in FSX/P3D at all and can compare that to the JarDesign A320? I've been thinking of trying X-Plane lately. If for no other reason than it's something new. If I did, the JarDesign A320 would be what I'd do the bulk of my flying in if it were at least as good as the Aerosoft Buses.

Sure, I use P3D 2.5 a lot lately. And I love to fly the Aerosoft Airbusses. In their most recent version (1.3) they are the best overall package of a simulated Airbus for sure.

For XPX, I own the JARDesign A320neo, and the A320/321 and A380 by Peters Aircraft. Comparing the JAR and Peter Hager's work, the JARDesign offers more functionality on the FMGC, has some nice features (pushback and service vehicles, interactive checklists, etc.) and looks really pretty. But it has some flaws that can be really annoying, especially the FBW is far from being perfect. My preferred Airbus in X-Plane is the A320 family by Peter Hager. While its FMGC and the ND uses some default XPX stuff, and the direct entering of SIDs and STARs isn't suppported yet (although one can plan and import complete flightplans from external tools like EFASS, which I highly recommend), its auto flight system works perfectly, respects constraints, is capable of flying RNAV approaches, behaves very predictable and reliable and the FBW (programmed by QPAC) is still second to none. It's a pure joy to handfly complex procedures in this bus. And calculating the TOD etc. keeps you busy and connected with the aircraft during the cruise phase. The system simulation is very deep and overall it's one of the most enjoyable addons for X-Plane!