Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

A bit of XPX awesomeness

Taken from my last 2 streams, here are some pics of 10.35 with OSM (HD mesh v2) scenery, UrbanMAXX 3D, SkyMAXX Pro v2 and MaxxFX.

I hope you like them:

cxzgwxucglwopsq35.jpg

cxzgxaajt862mr47l.jpg

cxzgxli6t8ylos9ox.jpg

cxzgxyo1tbctfeg41.jpg

cxzgy9ipit5qtws9d.jpg

cxzgyiznt09i1xte9.jpg

cxzgyw4m0x4svqhw1.jpg

cxzgz6jerb6bstiq9.jpg

cxzgzfd1p0q2y0pox.jpg

cxzgzpoa4jczn0kr5.jpg

cxzgzzjtco3oobfo1.jpg

cxzh07kft0y6zxgcx.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Awesome shots. I find myself clicking the XPX icon on my desktop more and more.

Thanks guys! I like all my flight sims, especially P3D lately. But visually, XPX is simply in its own league!

Thanks man! ;-)

XPX simply never fails to amaze me!

I had so many "wow!" moments in this sim, and that is with mostly free-/ donationware!

And default EDDF looks unbelievably detailed and stunning in 10.35!

Very nice shots as usual Michael! i like the atmospehre, are you using the NOAA weather plugin ?

Thanks!

No, usually I use EFASS to inject the weather!

Thank you guys for your kind words!

Michael,

Beautiful pics!!!

I'm curious if you have flown the Aerosoft Airbus in FSX/P3D at all and can compare that to the JarDesign A320?  I've been thinking of trying X-Plane lately.  If for no other reason than it's something new.  If I did, the JarDesign A320 would be what I'd do the bulk of my flying in if it were at least as good as the Aerosoft Buses.

Michael,

Beautiful pics!!!

I'm curious if you have flown the Aerosoft Airbus in FSX/P3D at all and can compare that to the JarDesign A320? I've been thinking of trying X-Plane lately. If for no other reason than it's something new. If I did, the JarDesign A320 would be what I'd do the bulk of my flying in if it were at least as good as the Aerosoft Buses.

Sure, I use P3D 2.5 a lot lately. And I love to fly the Aerosoft Airbusses. In their most recent version (1.3) they are the best overall package of a simulated Airbus for sure.

For XPX, I own the JARDesign A320neo, and the A320/321 and A380 by Peters Aircraft. Comparing the JAR and Peter Hager's work, the JARDesign offers more functionality on the FMGC, has some nice features (pushback and service vehicles, interactive checklists, etc.) and looks really pretty. But it has some flaws that can be really annoying, especially the FBW is far from being perfect. My preferred Airbus in X-Plane is the A320 family by Peter Hager. While its FMGC and the ND uses some default XPX stuff, and the direct entering of SIDs and STARs isn't suppported yet (although one can plan and import complete flightplans from external tools like EFASS, which I highly recommend), its auto flight system works perfectly, respects constraints, is capable of flying RNAV approaches, behaves very predictable and reliable and the FBW (programmed by QPAC) is still second to none. It's a pure joy to handfly complex procedures in this bus. And calculating the TOD etc. keeps you busy and connected with the aircraft during the cruise phase. The system simulation is very deep and overall it's one of the most enjoyable addons for X-Plane!