Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

P3D/ FSX clean reinstall

Hello,

I'd like to do a clean reinstall of both P3D and FSX. P3D isn't too much of a problem because I don't have that many addons installed, but FSX is a different story. Can I just reformat the drive that they're on and run CC Cleaner to take care of the registry entries or do I have to uninstall each addon separately before I uninstall the base sims?

NAX669.png

Just remember to properly uninstall P3D (via the usual Windows uninstaller window) before deleting stuff. Otherwise your licence code will become invalid and you'll have to email LM for a new code (as happened to me!).

Hope the reformat/install gives you nice smooth simming :D

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks for your help. I'm hoping to just stick with P3D and X-Plane if I can. British Airways Virtual is currently holding us hostage with FS9/FSX with promised support for XPX and MAYBE sometime in the future P3D.

NAX669.png

Using CCLeaner *may* work. And it may not. Problem is, if it doesn't - you're in a big mess cuz your registry will probably be screwed up and you might wind up reinstalling windows too.

Through the years I have found it much better and ultimately faster to do it the hard way - uninstall each.

Remember many add-ons now add entries to various profiles outside of the registry which could jump up and bite you.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vic,

Thanks for the heads up. I'm doing the reinstall now. I manually uninstalled everything from P3D, especially my PMDG aircraft. I'm hoping that I can get away with not having to reinstall FSX.

NAX669.png