Sign in to follow this  
Demious

GTN750 doesnt turn to 2nd leg automatically

When I'm flying with the GTN750, with some departure routes, my aircraft doesnt turn onto the second leg. It keeps flying straight out and I see the first leg (from the runway to the first waypoint) extend, every time I'm almost at the start of the second leg. So my aircraft never meets the start of the second leg and keeps flying straight on, in the take-off direction.

What I noticed is that with some departure procedures I can activate the first leg in my flightplan, on the GTN750 and if that's the case, everything goes as should, and my aircraft turns onto the second leg without problems. But with several other departure procedures, I found that I cant activate the first leg and it's mostly the third leg that is the first that can be activated manually. In this case the problem occurs and only once flying I can activate the third leg, to make it turn back to the programmed route.

It are consistently the same departures that go wrong and the same that work fine. I've got my nav databases and charts all matching eachother, so that shouldnt be the problem.

Does anyone know what is going on and what I can do to fix it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think I found what I've been doing wrong here.

Underneath the runway (first item in the waypoint list), it's the third item that points to the first actual leg of the route and I've been looking to activate the first waypoint. But activating the second waypoint in that list, activates the first leg of the route, so I've been looking for the wrong item to activate.

So my problem is solved.

Does clicking the UNSUSP button help? I see this happen a lot when I load a departure, not sure but maybe the logic is "fly runway hdg" until ATC tells you to do something else, then you'd click UNSUSP to proceed to the next waypoint?

I'll have a look, thanks for the advise. I'm just new to the GTN, so I've still got a lot to figure out. ;)