Sign in to follow this  
lukehall

My aircraft is hollow! Interior has gone missing...

Hi,

I recently noticed that all of my cabin and interior textures excluding the VC are missing - i.e. the fuselage has become hollow. The VC is fine though. It is also noticeable on the aircraft selection screen (with the spinning preview model) before I even enter the main sim.

I searched and found a thread by someone who had the same problem which was apparently being caused by VOXAtc. However, I do not use it so it's not the cause of my problem!

All liveries are effected.

I have tried a repair installation to no avail.

I have also un-installed the NGX completely and reinstalled. Not fixed.

I am using EZdok and have re-run the configurator several times. Not fixed.

I have not made any changes to the fsx.cfg file OR to the aircraft.CFG files.

The only change made to my FSX installation recently was when I tried to use SweetFX with the aid of a standalone configurator. However, having just added a couple of effects, the sim did not run properly, so I immediately used the 'remove sweetfx' option and everything worked fine again.

I did not notice whether the aircraft interior disappeared at the same time as trying SweetFX (I wish I had because I could have discounted it as a cause).

Can anyone suggest what I should try next? It's frustrating that a complete un-install and re-install didn't fix it!

Thanks! :-)

Luke

I would start by closing fsx, make a copy of fsx.cfg, then restart the sim and let fsx make a new config file. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thanks Jude.

Tried that and it broke everything! So... I started reconfiguring all of my keys assignments etc but EZdok was broken as were all of the graphics etc. Out of frustration, I reloaded my previous .cfg file and everything is working properly again, including the aircraft interior.

It's a complete mystery. The whole set up seems to be incredibly fragile and a bit random.

I'm deeply dreading the time when I have to re-install FSX and all of it's addons. The sim set up as i have it now is the product of several years worth of tweaking and configuring and reproducing it would seem to be almost impossible.

I guess when that day comes I'll change to P3D.

Thanks,

Luke

I've seen several sweetFX associated problems recently.  I don't know what it is or what claims it makes and I'm suspicious of it.

Something has modified the aircraft.cfg file most likely so now the only model is the VC.  Some actually do this on purpose to try to save a little bit of VAS.

Try running the installer and selecting REPAIR if able (dual FSX/FSXSE installations do not have this option working for them).  If that doesn't help you may want to submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.

EDIT:  I really really like P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP

FSX stopped recording flights in the logbook about a year and half ago. This started after I had installed SweetFX. I uninstalled it and FSX started recording the flights again. Now, I may have installed it wrong. So I really can't blame SweetFX for the problem. But I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot  pole now.

I've seen several sweetFX associated problems recently.  I don't know what it is or what claims it makes and I'm suspicious of it.

Something has modified the aircraft.cfg file most likely so now the only model is the VC.  Some actually do this on purpose to try to save a little bit of VAS.

Try running the installer and selecting REPAIR if able (dual FSX/FSXSE installations do not have this option working for them).  If that doesn't help you may want to submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.

EDIT:  I really really like P3D.

Thanks for your advice. The repair did not work but I have solved the problem after creating a new .cfg file, running FSX then replacing it with my previous file. I don't know why it fixed it but it did!

FSX stopped recording flights in the logbook about a year and half ago. This started after I had installed SweetFX. I uninstalled it and FSX started recording the flights again. Now, I may have installed it wrong. So I really can't blame SweetFX for the problem. But I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot  pole now.

I guess if I want a nicer overall look, then P3D beckons! I just can't face the prospect of setting up a completely new sim with all of my addons and configurations, so I'm going to stick it out with my FSX setup until it dies!

Cheers!