Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[07MAY15] Detailed discussion of resolved 777 VAS leak...

Thanks  Peter , for clearly explaining those 2 choices .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I've been a silent member of this forum for almost a decade,..But I have to agree, the scenery takes up way too much VAS and it's become extremely frustrating which i think is making this hobby more of a chore and not a source of enjoyment (at least for me).

Now i recently had to reinstall P3D because I got so frustrated with this OOM thing I actually wanted to throw the PC out the window LOL. I have to say though that since i've reinstalled I used only the PMDG 777, Orbx Global, REX4 and Activesky NEXT my OOM issues have disappeared completely and flying between to fairly large airports with almost everything turned up, Not to the maximum but almost I no longer have any VAS issues,.. The only difference in setup was Orbx Vector (disabling it didn't help much). I haven't put it back on and seeing that everything works great now on pretty high settings meaning it looks good. I don't think i will be putting it back on again either.I think we as users get a little carried away with all the nice looking stuff forgetting that the box is almost full as is so,..sooner or later the bottom is going to fall out. I also think that some scenery developers aren't putting enough of an effort in to keeping the VAS at a minimum. I remember when FS2004 used to make people jump for joy because it was so amazing to look at. But Is it really that we need Ultra HD and all that other stuff for the sim to look good and flow smoothly ? I for one think not but to each his own,..Every time a  developer comes up with some new HD something we get excited and we want it forgetting the toll it's going to take on the sim, and the overall experience. So maybe scenery developers can put a cap so to speak on what they want to achieve because to be honest alot of this stuff isn't needed for the sim to look "real" and work within that and leave room for other stuff if not you'll always be rubbing shoulders and pushing the sim so much it'll result in a huge disappointment for customers.

Just a thought I had regarding this whole thing. I'm not pointing anyone out or trying to create an argument here,..I'm not complaining about anyone,..I'm just saying these OOM errors we never as prevalent as they are now..at least not that i know of,..