Sign in to follow this  
Artur Munteanu

LXGB how do you land on visual approach on RWY 27?

I don't know if I make something wrong or not, but every time when I land on RWY27 at LXGB with 737 or A320, I get allways before stop or leaving runaway a warning from RAAS: "six hundreed meeter remaining".

The point is: Do I land to long, or is normal because the RWY27 is only 6000ft long? On FMC the descend path indicate 4000 ft the lower align with the rwy 27, but looking on airport chart indicate at 6000 NM a radar fix, then mandatory 1520' to 5000 NM again a radar fix, then Desc Grad from 5.0 NM RADAR FIX to MAP at 3.0 NM 4.9% wich means for ex. at 120 Gnd-speed Kts have to descend at 595 with VS.

Did anyone can explain better wich is the correct procedure for landing at rwy 27 for not making a long landing? The chart only say:"Expect radar approach to SRA terminating at 3 NM Visual Decision Point"

Did a real life pilot of 737 or A320 land there? Is normal the warning from RAAS?

Thank you

Yes, 6000 is short and I would not be surprised by a RAAS call out.

Matt Cee

Our 36/18 (home base KCRP) is 6080 ft, routinely used by SWA B735 and B737.  However, all flights are to KHOU only 30 min flight time so nobody has to be heavy, and it's only used after a cold front otherwise we are always using 13 7508 ft because of our almost constant SE wind... off topic, our winds and open airspace has made this a choice location for Navy training.

Dan Downs KCRP

I see. Looking better even if LXGB chart say that RWY 19 - 27 is long 6000 ft, in the navdata folder on airport.dat file,  the RWY 19 -27 is long only 5348 ft! Anyway if I understand better, is something normal, even with autobrake to MAX to end near the ending point of RWY befor I stop.

Looking here, is a little bit scary making a real landing on RWY27:

BTW I use Gibraltar X scenery from Aerosoft for FSX.

The Navigraph AIRAC 1505 indicates a runway length of 1529m, 5016ft:

GIBRALTAR               LXGB09 05016089 36.150883  -5.358103000.0000000012
GIBRALTAR               LXGB27 05016269 36.151472  -5.341170000.0000000012

which is correct from the AIP:

lxgb1.jpg

both runways have extensions:

lxgb2.jpg

the LDA remains at 5016'.