Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Airbus X extended to new A320/321 is it worth it?

Hi

Can anyone comment about new release of A320 from Aerosoft? Is it worth to upgrade from extended? I used the aircraft in conjucton with fs2crew. are the new features justifying 20 euro extra or is it just repackage with small add ons and it's better to invest in some other plane? I fly 737 ngx from PMDG but sometimes I want to try fbw system. 777 is not for me, 1. It's expensive with fs2crew 2. I prefer 2-3 hour flights

Yeah, I have it and its quite nice.  I recently upgraded to P3D and its been pretty fun to fly, but one thing that I don't like is the autopilot is very sensitive.

I am also looking at a sound upgrade.

FS2Crew has been updated at no additional cost to work with the latest AS bus releases.

The buses themselves now feature things like Terrain on ND (EGPWS), weather radar (works with any weather engine and with FSX native wx, can be rather fps-intensive on some systems, though) full flight saving and reloading (except for a small bug for the go-around data), Vapp calculation from tower wind, groundspeed mini function and a host of additional fixes and enhancements. The current version (v1.30) has been proven not to be thoroughly tested and will require either the additional hotfixes available in the AS forum (five hotfixes have been released quickly one after another. You would need the latest hotfix HF1.30e only plus, maybe, the separate fix for the buggy go-around), or you buy the current v1.30 and wait for an upcoming new version 1.31, including all the fixes then).

Another thing worth noting is that the upgrade offer would also apply to the A318/319 buses. The A318 has all the features mentioned above, plus steep approach capability, so it seems to be the more attractive option for some Extended users.

Seems like nice variety of functions but wx radar pmdg was adding free of charge and filling missing functionality for money seems a bit weird policy. I'm a bit afraid that next year we will get again more functions but again have to pay for them... well I need to think about it - there is many discounts now for orbx and I have 30 EUR to be spent on some new add on so I need to check my options. Thanks!