Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Flight plan not loading

I have read that many people have had the same issue as me.  I have saved a flight from PFPX and set it as my flight plan in fsx.  When I go to put in the saved flight plan in the ES citation x, it finds nothing.  I have read the manual and watched the videos but nothing.  I would prefer not to input every waypoint in since it is a long flight.  Can anybody help?

Josh Scholl

Copy the KLAS-KLAX_X.PLN from the C:\Eaglesoft Development Group\ESDG Documentation\ESCX20X Documents folder into your FSX flight plan folder.

The CX's FMC will now be able to see your flightplans ok.

Hi abh,

I'm not sure where the problem lies so let's start with the first step.

After you create and Save the flight plan can it be found in "...My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" with the plan name and having a .PLN extension?

Jim F.

okay thank you very much.  I will try that.  I tried registering for their forums several days ago but still inactive.  You wouldn't happen to know why when I have the NAV button and I have FMS1 set on my PFD why it doesn't fly the plan would you?  I even tried turning the heading now and it moved on the display but when I hit sync it went right back to the heading I was on.  I can't even get the plane to fly to selected heading. Strange things go on with this aircraft.

Josh Scholl

I saved the flight plan. It shows up in my folder. I want ahead and copied the klas klax pln over to my folder. Now when I hit the lsk 4L it shows it highlighted in yellow. I am flying from kpie to kjfk though it only shows the klas klax name. I hit the back button and it shows the flight I had saved and loaded. Everything seems ok and then when I go go the takeoff page if doesn't recognize where I am so I can't select a runway. That's where u am at this point. Hopefully once this solved& the aircraft will follow the plan. Right now all the way points are in but all the way points have 000/0 next them.

Josh Scholl

You need the IRS's correctly aligned first and need to be within a few degrees of your planned flight path, if you are outside of that then use HDG mode to intercept the line then engage NAV on the AP.

The boxes marked in red below need to be selected.

AP on

NAV selected on the AP

FMS button selected and fms1 showing in magenta on the PFD

It is imperative that the FMC is set up exactly as the documentation says.

Do not include Sids and Stars in your exported plan from your flightplanner add those through the FMC.

Make sure that your planners Navdata is the same revision as in the CX

2015-5-12_21-8-54-849.jpg

All of that was done. It was following the flight plan and theb after the first waypoint it did nothing. It shot past the waypoint and didn't continue. It also showed the same distance to my waypoint from takeoff till the waypoint and it still shows 000/0 next to each waypoint and it never was able to select a runway for departure. Do I need to just uninstalling and reinstall the aircraft? Shouldn't have this many issues.

Josh Scholl

Were there any discontinuity's after the first waypoint that needed closing up ?

No I even tried doing a direct to another waypoint. The aircraft just goes straight through. I'll turn in the heading and the aircraft won't turn. I have the greatest LNAV showing on my pfd as well.

Aircraft just started turning all of a sudden towards the waypoint but it has been showing 26.8NM LOULO for the past 10 min.something isn't right.

Josh Scholl