Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

FSX SE Mouse Lag

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to know if anyone else suffers more Mouse Lag with DX10 it is not so bad in DX9 but seems to rob more FPS more with 10..

Not sure why and if it is local to me. I know this is a bug in the FSX code and has been fixed in P3D..but as yet not in FSX SE..maybe one day!

Any recommendations on how to minimise the impact..

Many Thanks

Mark

Just shove the pointer into the top left corner, voila, no lag.

This is more a Windows/DX problem then FSX. Do a Google search on Mouse Lag, and you'll see a myriad of games affected. P3D may work better, because it uses the newer DX11.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

FSX uses a software cursor (CPU based). Prepar3D uses a hardware cursor (GPU based).

The framerate drop is relative to the framerate you're running FSX at. In other games, if I was running at 300 FPS, and my mouse moved, it would drop down to 150 FPS, and return to 300 FPS as long as I didn't move my mouse.

In FSX, if I was getting 40 FPS, it would drop down to 20-25 FPS.

Dovetail is taking suggestions for small fixes on the Steam forum. This mouse issue was one of the most requested ones. Maybe they'll issue something soon.

FSX uses a software cursor (CPU based). Prepar3D uses a hardware cursor (GPU based).

The framerate drop is relative to the framerate you're running FSX at. In other games, if I was running at 300 FPS, and my mouse moved, it would drop down to 150 FPS, and return to 300 FPS as long as I didn't move my mouse.

In FSX, if I was getting 40 FPS, it would drop down to 20-25 FPS.

Dovetail is taking suggestions for small fixes on the Steam forum. This mouse issue was one of the most requested ones. Maybe they'll issue something soon.

That's amazing to me that you are dropping 50% of your frame rate. I run FSX at 30 FPS and when my mouse moves I lose 1 - 3 FPS.

That's amazing to me that you are dropping 50% of your frame rate. I run FSX at 30 FPS and when my mouse moves I lose 1 - 3 FPS.

The higher the framerate the higher the FPS drop. I am running FSX under unlimited currently. Although I do alternate to 30 FPS once in a while. I just tried locking it, and my framerate went down to 20-22 FPS from 30 FPS locked. I guess it could be system dependant. Mine is over 4 years old. Maybe it doesn't affect newer systems as much.

The higher the framerate the higher the FPS drop. I am running FSX under unlimited currently. Although I do alternate to 30 FPS once in a while. I just tried locking it, and my framerate went down to 20-22 FPS from 30 FPS locked. I guess it could be system dependant. Mine is over 4 years old. Maybe it doesn't affect newer systems as much.

Maybe someone could figure out a way to make the mouse cursor disappear quicker, other than shoving it into the top left corner.