Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

Windows update setting re FSX

Hi

I have recently perfmored a reinstall of Windows 7 64bit on my flight PC for FSX SE and have downloaded all critical windows updates , I'm now wondering what setting I should leave the Windows update set to? Previously I had this set to never as I did not want Windows in it's infinite wisdom to update and ruin my FSX installation but seeing that FSX SE now gets updated should i leave Windows update set to on?

Any advice is greatfully received.

many thanks

Darran

If you want to be on the safe side, set it to download but do not install, then you install when you wish. But I set mine to download and install then just reboot when it asks. You should install updates, or you're leaving yourself wide open

If you want to be on the safe side, set it to download but do not install, then you install when you wish. But I set mine to download and install then just reboot when it asks. You should install updates, or you're leaving yourself wide open

+1. Don't turn off the updates. Only install the ones you want. That said, never install any recommended driver updates...these can kill you.

Doug