Sign in to follow this  
Guest dansteph

FSPassengers

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, as usual, I had begun a reply to all of this, when I got kicked off line by a power outage. Yes, we're getting ready for another hurricane, Oh, for joy!So, being that I am just too lazy to rehash all this with myself, I will say that Aircraft fly -- aircraft crash -- and people DO die from it. However it IS still the safest mode of transportation out there, unless of course, you are flying virtual passengers -- which I think have a lower life expectancy than real humans.Sounds like a great program, if you don't like the screaming, (I wouldn't either), and the death numbers, then turn those items off and get on witht the good points of the program.We keep screaming for as 'real' as it gets, well, crashing is part of that real, like it or not, although I think simmers do it more often than real pilots just because of the lack of experience and training.I don't think the Feds are going to take FS away from all of us because we have a program which screams and people die in numbers on a page. Nor do I think that it is any more morbid than the National Safety people telling us here in the States that each year we kill over fifty thousand on our highways -- its just a terrible fact of life that we all must live with. True, perhaps it didn't need to be introduced into FS, but it has been . . .if you don't like it, don't buy it. If you like the program otherwise, turn those features off, and if you must crash and burn, then do it with all the gusto you have, cause in FS there is always the reset button!I doubt if many of us really fly FS to crash -- I know when occasionally I do, (blaming it on FS and the computer, ya know), it really T's me off as i've usually spent an hour at least getting to the landing part.Ok, everyone, now big, slow breath!Best and may God Bless,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest byoung

"MSFS is a FLIGHT simulator, not an airline disaster simulator."Only if you fly the "built in" FS A/C :)Barry

<<<>><<<>>>><<<<>>>><<<<<>>>Whoa. I think I've just remembered why I don't post here much any more. Where's the civility gone these days?Chastened, however, by such barbed responses to questioning of the death and destruction issue, I thought I'd give the website another look, thinking that indeed 0.5% of an add-on was not too much to worry about. Thought I'd have a look at 'Screenshots'.Have a look yourself. Let's just put it all down to bad marketing, perhaps. Anyway, I rest my case. Bye.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont[a href='http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html' target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest JimC1702

Well, I think my post was quite civil.My remark about Avsimmers was tongue-in-cheek, hence the smilie. After all, I AM an Avsimmer.People need to lighten up and be a little less sensitive. After all, this is about ENTERTAINMENT, not real life and death.Jim

Guest josh0571

"Whoa. I think I've just remembered why I don't post here much any more. Where's the civility gone these days?"It's interesting to see lately that there seems to be a dwindling presence of pre-2003 signed-up Avsim Forum members such as yourself, Mark.I think it's a real shame really because such posters offer a wealth of experience, expertise & general pointers that contribute alot towards simplifying the complexity of the flight simming world.We would be at a loss without hearing your input. Hope this encourages those such as yourself who were around far more often in the early days (of Avsim) to make more of an appearance!Cheers :)Josh

I've just taken my first two hops with FS Passengers and I must say that having been flying MSFS since 1984, this is to me, the best add on since the implementation of virtual cockpits.Just brilliant, and I never once gave a thought about the screaming passengers etc. Both flights were rated exceptional and fantastic fun.Cheers and thanks to the developers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest Akflyin

Hi All,I just finished my first flight with FSPassengers and I was impressed with the programs ability to intergrate with FS9. I flew from KSFO to KLAX and found the experience a nice change to the quiet skys of FS. I don't fly enough to use the program on a regular basis, but , never the less, I would like to THANK the authors for there time and effort to help bring another great addon product to the flightsim community to enhance the flying experience further if they wish to. With all the addons available for flightsimmers to modify their flightsim experience, this is just another example of how there seems to be no limit to extend the enjoyment of flightsimming.fly safe allDave in Alaska

hii also gave the demo a try, it is quite a good program however i am a little disappointed that the co-pilot does not really get involved in the flighthe just tells you about passing 10000', transition altitude and V1 Vr V2 nothing about flap selection, gear up / down, etc etc, looks like i will have to stick to flight deck companion a little longer.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hi Clayton,It's perfectly possible to combine FSPassengers with f.i. Flight Deck Companion and have the copilot fully involved. You can turn off the copilot in FsP, so he doesn't interfere with the one from FDC.One last word about the infamous screaming passengers. Yesterday, during a 737-700 (PMDG) flight, I hit some servere turbulence which caused the autopilot to disconnect and sent the plane in a steep dive. Of course my passengers were screaming. But the sound was quite short and rather in the background. Certainly not 'overdone', as by someone who revels in fear and terror. It was quite believable to me and not in bad taste. It added a sense of urgency to correct the situation quickly.Paul

I've been a member of these forums since late 1999/early 2000. The atmosphere is certainly more contentious than six years ago, and people are more likely to flame than ever before. I think it's a change in World society. I used to post here daily, but the flamings and suspicious "mouthpieces" have put me off :(FSpassengers looks interesting, and I may consider getting it :)---------------------------------------"If it doesn't have a VC ... who cares!? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/smug.gif"

hi Paulyes i do have FDC its a great program but just wished FSpassengers had a more 'complete' co-pilot similiar to FDC where the co-pilot calls localiser alive / glidescope alive / flap selection when landing etc.it would have been neat instead of having 2 external programs do something similiar to each other.

Guest abent

I'd be interested in getting it though I wonder how appropriate it would be for smaller twin turboprops. I don't fly large airliners much anymore. After reading the descriptions on the website, I get the impression that the program might be best suited for larger planes. Any observations from people who fly smaller aircraft?Also, wondering how accurate its interpretation of data is. I heard of another program in the past that misinterpreted data such that a bit of rough turbulence resulted in a bad "score" and extensive costs due to something like "pilot's mishandling of the plane" or similar.It does sound like it would be a nice program to have.Adam

hi Adamwhy dont you just download the demo and take your turboprop for a spin from ksfo, you can fly anywhere in the world as long as the flight originates from san franscisco.

Guest byoung

Now a tough decision, purchase this, or wait for the ATR-72 (since that is the plane I typically fly) FS2Crew?Maybe someone on the FS2Crew beta team can chime in here, since they are pretty close to completing the ATR version.I didn't see too much detail on the ATR version of FS2Crew. I would like a comparison here.Thanks!Barry