Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

How to make TTS voice sound like a radio

I looked at that video, and it seems like a whole lot of trouble just to make it sound the way it does. Extra software, cost, and having to set it up every time you want to make it sound that way, it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Well, I'll back track some of my previous comment. There was a sale on one of the devices, used on that video, and it looks like I can use that voice changer for other applications, not just Flight Sim. I went ahead and purchased the two necessary software, and started to follow the video, but I'm stuck at not being able to listen to the "radiocom" effect as he has it set up. I can still hear my IVONA voices on my headset, but not the effect. That's the only problem, which is the main reason for the set up. I'll see if I can make it work, and will let you know how it turned out.

I looked at that video, and it seems like a whole lot of trouble just to make it sound the way it does. Extra software, cost, and having to set it up every time you want to make it sound that way, it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

What extra cost does it involve? 

Virtual Audio Cable can be dowloaded for free at http://downloads.tomsguide.com/Virtual-Audio-Cable,0301-31100.html

Voxal Voice Change http://voxal-professional-voice-change-software.en.softonic.com/

Yes, there is more work involved, has anyone found another solution?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

The VoxPop voices with static filter sounds okay, except that there is only a few and the male sounds foreign. Nothing wrong with sounding foreign, but I wish there wouldn't have been more American accent voices. Also, If I can get my IVONA voices to have the same static filter effect as VoxPop, that would be perfect. That way you only have to run the VoxATC Voice Configuration, rather than all those other programs combined.

Well, I'm almost going to give up on that Virtual Audio Cable and Voxal Voice Changer setup. I can't get it to work the way that guy did on his video, and I've been back and forth with him trying to figure why it's not working on my system. I think the best scenario would be to figure a way to add the static effect that you hear with VoxPop voices to any of the IVONA voices I have. I which someone could shed some light on how they added static to VoxPop voices.

I cannot get it either. Have downloaded VAC but cant install it because an error message appears.

Have found a possibility to lead the windows desktop voice into a Cubase Audio track, have distorted it there by a filter which works good. But the crux is that I cant get the original clear windows voice muted. So what I hear is always both, the Cubase distorted voice(wanted) + the clear clear windows voice(unwanted), that sounds funny and is not a solution