Sign in to follow this  
Jsol

Slamming during Landing

Hello fellas. Im having problems lately with this plane. Yesterday, when i land as soon as the main gear touches, the nose slams right away. Right now i tried to land again. Just before the touchdown zone the whole plane slams on the runway. Has anyone experienced such behavior?

Are you flaring?  The flare is not much but it is important unless you are landing on a carrier.  Turn your visual focus to the far end of the runway and use that picture to control the last 50 feet of descent and flare.

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you flaring?  The flare is not much but it is important unless you are landing on a carrier.  Turn your visual focus to the far end of the runway and use that picture to control the last 50 feet of descent and flare.

I don't think its a flaring problem. Have a look at the video. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

I don't think its a flaring problem. Have a look at the video. 

Hmm... video stops just before nosewheel touches, so I don't see any "slamming".

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Have a look at the video.

I don't see any "slamming".

Hey guys, the video is not by the OP...

Dan Downs KCRP

When flaring, it is important to have a positive attitude.  If you are constantly having lots of back pressure on approach and flare, you're nose wheel will slam down when you release the pressure.  Once the main wheels touch down, the plane should be able to maintain attitude for a few seconds with neutral pressure on the yoke.  That is an indicator of correct trim on landing.  As the nose wheel starts to come down as breaks, spoilers, and reverse come on, slight back pressure on the yoke is required to deflare.  The t7 derotates very quickly compared to other aircraft and this technique is important in the derotation.

Hope this helps!

Hello,

I don't own the 777, but remember reading similar subject here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436700-pmdg-777-ksfo-28l-threshhold-problem/

It also links to the following video: 

Sir That is exactly how its happening. Same exact thing.

I recently installed FTX vector and it started happening. Its not happening with the NGX but its happening with the T7. It didnt matter which airport. It slams on the runway and it gets really frustrating now. 

Sir That is exactly how its happening. Same exact thing.

I recently installed FTX vector and it started happening. Its not happening with the NGX but its happening with the T7. It didnt matter which airport. It slams on the runway and it gets really frustrating now. 

I thought this sounded familiar. Here is a text I found from the thread I linked (also the one the 747 video is from):

---

I had a similar problem with planes dropping 60 feet instantaneously at the threshold.  It usually  occurred over a runway with water before it - like 28L.  See Youtube video of my crash.

I was told it was a mesh problem and I needed to reduce mesh to 18. 

---

So something worth trying is to reduce the mesh to 18. I hope this will help out!

Ah yes, that complaint.... well, in all fairness the OP implied it always happened and was not location dependent.  Yes, even some SFO sceneries have a sudden jump in actual height above ground when making the transition from water to terrain due to a bug in the scenery.  Sometimes mesh, sometimes landclass, but it's always at a specific location regardless of aircraft.  Maybe the OP needs to provide a little more info to get an answer.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello fellas. Im having problems lately with this plane. Yesterday, when i land as soon as the main gear touches, the nose slams right away. Right now i tried to land again. Just before the touchdown zone the whole plane slams on the runway. Has anyone experienced such behavior?

Hello,

Here is my guess. I had a similar problem, and I think it is general for all widebodies. In Settings - Display, you have to set the Mesh resolution slider to 10m or 30ft.

Try this and see.

Best regards,

Alex

I have done much testing on this. I bet it only happens during landings where threshold is very close to water.  As said above, it can be resolved by setting mesh texture to 30.

Paul Gugliotta