Sign in to follow this  
fsx_simmer

Can or should I update iFly 737 NGX 2010 Bundle Pack

I own FS2Crew iFly 737NGX Bundled voice and button control. Embedded versions are v2.0.0.39, Flying with MS FSX, both seem to work flawlessly. I am just confused as to whether the updates can or should be installed. If so then should it be done incrementally or go straight to 2.3? Thanks in advance! btw, this my first post anywhere, ever.

I can't tell if you if you should or not, I don't have iFly, however I will give you a tip you can use for any piece of software; check the change log, and see if the changes apply to you. If the change is, for example, "fixed driver issue with AMD graphics card" and you don't have an AMD graphics card, then you could argue the update would be pointless. However, if the change log stated, again for example, "fixed security flaw relating to buffer overflow" then it's going to be a good idea, to close that hole

My question is more along the lines as to whether there is a difference between the bundled versions 2010 and/or the stand alone version. Therefore would the updates apply? I understand the nuances pointed out in the change logs. I misquoted the embedded version, actually the individual versions I believe are 1.6. Thanks again!!  

I join this conversation because I have a trouble with the voice version:

I bought it last saturday and I was expecting the installer would have been already the most recent version.

It came with a surprise that wasn't like this as the version was 1.2 if I well recall.

I therefore downloaded and installed the update from the website but now FSX crashes if I try to launch through the click on the hot spot.

I think I will move back to the original installer, but I want to know if someone experienced also this.

Thanks

Gianluca

I join this conversation because I have a trouble with the voice version:
I bought it last saturday and I was expecting the installer would have been already the most recent version.
It came with a surprise that wasn't like this as the version was 1.2 if I well recall.
I therefore downloaded and installed the update from the website but now FSX crashes if I try to launch through the click on the hot spot.
I think I will move back to the original installer, but I want to know if someone experienced also this.
Thanks
Gianluca

Try installing the VS2010 end user runtimes from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

That'll probably solve your issue.

Byork, iFly 737NG Voice and Button Control Special Bundle Package, SKU: 2C-IFLY737NG-BUNDLE, FS2Crew Online Store, $33.94! I purchased my copy Nov 2012. So the question still stands, is there a difference between the bundled and/or stand alone versions?