Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

MOGWAISOFT SHADE Works in FSX-SE

For those that would like to use Mogwaisoft's Shade in FSX-SE in a dual install, I've figured out how to get it to work. It does involve a registry change so if you are don't know how or are not comfortable with editing the registry you may not want to do this. Up to now to get addons that do not support a  FSX-SE dual installation, it has become necessary to use the F1 Registry repair utility to switch between the FSX-Box and FSX-Steam installation. This works for many addons, but Shade still points to the FSX-Box installation. The problem I found is that there are 2 registry entries for the FSX path One in the Current User Software section and one in Local Machine. The problem is The registry repair utility only changes the one in the

local machine section. To complicate the matter further the path in Local Machine section suppresses the trailing backslash (\)  while the one in Current Users require it. Editing the path in the Current User section to match your FSX-SE path, will allow Shade to work with FSX SE. If you want to switch though back to your FSX Box installation, you will have to reedit it back to the original FSX path.

The registry path involved is as follows

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MICROSOFT GAMES\FLIGHT SIMULATOR\10.0\APP_PATH

Note: Again as I said above only attempt if you feel comfortable, things can go horribly wrong for your system, not just FSX if this isn't done properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!

Now if we can only get FS-Recorder to work!! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d