Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

KBLM owner shuts down fuel trucks, airport

dseagrav,Could you please also post this message at flight info? :+ My account still hasnt been activated.. :(--------------------------------------------------------------Hey Guys,I was on the phone with my flight instructor before who works at KBLM at Eagles View Aviation. The flight schools are still operating and he said the airport will not be closing and most of this will all be blown over in a week. As said before, Brown's fuel trucks are on their way and once they arrive operations should be back to normal (Minus Columbia?).Jason-----------------------------------------------------------------Thanks again,Jason :-wave

It's been quite a while (years actually, for me), but I could have sworn I saw runway edge lights on 14/32. If not, I stand corrected. John

Yes, you are correct in there being runway edge lights on 14/32 but I have never seen or heard of them in use.-Jay

Guest gkrangers

The lights work till 11PM..then they go off.They are medium intensity. There aren't really any taxiway lights...To those that still don't buy this...Brown simply wants total control of the airport, including the fuel services since its a gold mine (even tho hes already rich). He's been trying to kick out Columbia for months and hasn't been able to do so legally.So he resorts to this crap to do it and ends up hurting the other pilots in the process.I'm sure Browns 100LL is gonna cost a bit more than Columbias 2.73!!!

Is the AOPA involved in this yet? Boyer loves this kind of thing.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

>Is the AOPA involved in this yet? Boyer loves this kind of thing.I doubt even with the many calls made that AOPA won't do anything about it. They didn't care about Marlboro Airport closing, 2N8, even with tons of support to keep it open. It simply wasn't "important" enough for their time, I suppose. It seems that unless the airport is torn apart in the dead of night, most airports are simply not "special" enough to take action with. With the 400,000+ members it has and the dozens of general aviation airports that close a year, I haven't seen or heard any efforts made to save airports except for KCGX. Boyer may seem to love it with what he did with Meigs, but honestly and truthfully I doubt he even knows what the situation is at KBLM. He may have heard there is a problem here, however from what I can see from the site and their e-mail newsletters, this situation is not as nearly important as "UNMANNED AIRCRAFT TO PATROL ARIZONA-MEXICO BORDER" or "CHALLENGING THUNDERSTORMS IS A LOSING BATTLE." Yeah, AOPA, our battle isn't looking too good either. Too bad our problem won't blow over naturally like those storms will.JasonP.S. - I am an AOPA member so please don't get me wrong by criticizing their doings... or rather what they aren't doing.