Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Is it ON or OFF?

Hello!

Since I have some problems with signing on to the A2A forum I thought it could be a good idea to ask my (a bit funny I think) question here...

I am a proud new Captain of the A2A Flying Fortress. On one of my first taxis I touched the brakes a little bit too hard and flipped it over  :rolleyes:

but after that there where no remarks or faults in my hangar... and when I load the aircraft it starts with engines running, but I left it cold and dark at the last flight.

Now my question:

On the 2D panel (SHIFT 3) is accusim ON when it shows "ON" or is it OFF and with click on "ON" I activate it?  :huh:

Screenshot:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ERJNRf0V6f_-qsfBqdlOD7fxHRVz9S3Y7brkA2MxqnA=w190-h106-no

Thank you very much pilots!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like a simconnect install is required. Details in the A2A forums, for which you don't need to sign in to search or read.

Without that, it makes no difference what buttons you flip, you cannot get accusim active.

I think I sorted it out... "Crash detection" in fsx was off.

Simconnect should not be the problem, I think it is included in the fsx gold edition?

I also crosschecked the liquids, like oil and fuel, they are persistant from one flight to another. I think this may say that accusim is working.

Thank you for help!

The B17 is one of the older accusim aircraft and it doesn't save the state of the aircraft at the end of a flight. It will save the state of repair and the levels of all the liquids but it doesn't save each switch position or whether the engine is running or not like the 172, 182 or Cherokee.

When you start a flight in the B17 you can just press shift-3 and press cold and dark on the menu.

You don't need crash detection on in order for accusim to function - I keep it turned off so I don't lose my flight because a fuel truck decides to plough through my plane!

And I already turned the detection off again :-D ...after I tried it with detection I "crashed" with an lantern or something on the apron.

Have it off is also better because I have to learn to taxi this beauty at this time.

Now it is clear to me, thank you guys!

The B17 is one of the older accusim aircraft and it doesn't save the state of the aircraft at the end of a flight. It will save the state of repair and the levels of all the liquids but it doesn't save each switch position or whether the engine is running or not like the 172, 182 or Cherokee.When you start a flight in the B17 you can just press shift-3 and press cold and dark on the menu.You don't need crash detection on in order for accusim to function - I keep it turned off so I don't lose my flight because a fuel truck decides to plough through my plane!