Sign in to follow this  
rubrog

Check alt tgt

Hello!

Everytime i climb to FL350 or above i get the same message in the FMC: Check ALT TGT, and a INSANELY enoying sound (same sound as when you set full thrust on ground).. How do i get this to go away?

Last time I changed the CRZ altitude, and everything screwed up.. The passanger oxygen Lvl went to 0, the pressure in the cabin went sky high, the LNAV disconected and on the preassurisation panel whent blanc...

Is this a bug, or have i done something horrible wrong? :P

Ps: I have the FSX Steam edition now, and this never happend on the boxed edition...

Please help ! :D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

or have i done something horrible wrong?

Sounds like you aren't re-setting the packs to AUTO after starting your engines. The warning you're hearing is the cabin pressurization warning.

Ps: I have the FSX Steam edition now, and this never happend on the boxed edition...

Did you try to install into Steam using the CD, or some other third-party software?

Ok tnx ! :)

i'l try to reset my packs after engine start. But can this be the reason for all of this ? :0

No i installed fsx via Steam.

But can this be the reason for all of this ?

Seeing that your packs pressurize the plane, yes.

No i installed fsx via Steam.

Wasn't talking about FSX. How did you install your NGX into Steam?

Ok tnx :-) but does i get a "Check alt tgt" message on the fmc as well? ;)

I installed it from the download link i got from PMDG, and selected the fsx steam folder.

Im a noob at this i know.. Done all the tutorials, but is impossible to remember all of it.. I appreciate all of the help!

Ok tnx :-) but does i get a "Check alt tgt" message on the fmc as well? ;)

It means there's a disagreement between what you entered into the MCP and what VNAV is supposed to follow per the FMC. 

Im a noob at this i know.. Done all the tutorials, but is impossible to remember all of it.. I appreciate all of the help!

As Chris mentioned, you might want to do them again. Flying the tutorials is more than just flying them - you must understand them. They are written in "flows" to help you standardize what you're doing so that you do all of it. As you can see, if you don't use the flows, you often forget things.